Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Hi
    I am busy designing a website in Xara Web Designer. I would like to know how to add a "contact us" from to the web page which would then send the submitted form data to a specified email address please?
    I don't really know HTML well at all, and I get so confused with the downloadable templates for web forms, as they include php folders and so on - and I have no idea what to do with them

please can someone give me some direction?

thank you

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    You would be using PHP to process the form.
    I just don't know what Xara is about. I personally never use a WYSIWYG editor
    because they add such a mess of unnecessary code, and is very hard to manage.

Who is your webhost?

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by mlseim, post: 214267
    You would be using PHP to process the form.
    I just don't know what Xara is about. I personally never use a WYSIWYG editor
    because they add such a mess of unnecessary code, and is very hard to manage.

Who is your webhost?

thank you so much for the reply. im tearing my hair out. i made form with this thing called simfatic forms, but now that i have re-uploaded my site, the form no longer works :-(
    and its a trial program so the bottom of the form displays a line of text that says "get a free form like this".

My web host is Gridhost....

Thank you

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    Do you know (or do you have) an FTP program to transfer files back and forth
    between your computer and your website? Something like FileZilla, which is free?

I'm thinking you should use your web page editor to create the contact form,
    but do the PHP scripting manually, and upload the PHP script using FTP.

Describe what you know about FileZilla, FTP, or if anything I'm saying makes sense.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by mlseim, post: 214416
    Do you know (or do you have) an FTP program to transfer files back and forth
    between your computer and your website? Something like FileZilla, which is free?

I'm thinking you should use your web page editor to create the contact form,
    but do the PHP scripting manually, and upload the PHP script using FTP.

Describe what you know about FileZilla, FTP, or if anything I'm saying makes sense.

thank you for the reply. the WYSIWYG program that im using has a "publish" option, which i insert my ftp info to. this is just a bit slow, that why i rather delete all files from the Cpanel and then reupload (is it bad to do it like this - does it make your site lose google sitemaps, and seo etc?)

xara does not have a form editing option. however i have seen a lot of templates online to create the html form - which i think i could manage, however, its the "scripting php" thing that I do not understand at all. once the html code is inserted to a placeholder in xara, how do I get it to communicate with the script?

thank you again

Member #
    Liked
    76 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultramel123, post: 214234
    Hi
    I am busy designing a website in Xara Web Designer. I would like to know how to add a "contact us" from to the web page which would then send the submitted form data to a specified email address please?
    I don't really know HTML well at all, and I get so confused with the downloadable templates for web forms, as they include php folders and so on - and I have no idea what to do with them

please can someone give me some direction?

thank you
    Xara Web Designer has a feature that provides a contact form that is provided by google. [S]If not, you can download a free template of mine that has a nice contact form you can use[/S].It's you basic cgi form. write back if you want the link. Even better you can go to Foxyform.com to get one with captcha (security). At the end of the day you will have to learn how to put it together on your own.
    I have gotten into the habit of not judging other designers/developers work, but this is my Microsoft Meandering time so I'm MEANDERING...

Oh, almost forgot: spammers are gender-less parasites...

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    wow.
    All I can suggest is to do all of your site development by hand, and use FileZilla
    to transfer files back and forth. Don't use a WYSIWYG editor. You'll be fighting
    this forever ... so you'll have to bite the bullet and learn how to code HTML/CSS
    and use PHP scripting. A learning curve, but the editor thing is going to kill you.

AlphaMare likes this.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    126 times
    Just use this and then add an email function:
    http://www.phpform.org/

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    Shovenose ....
    It seemed to me that the original poster was using a WYSIWYG editor to
    create an online form ... it was the processing of it that wasn't there.
    But that phpform site is a great web site to create the HTML part.

Without some FTP magic (and knowledge of it), the original poster will
    have difficulty creating, or uploading the PHP processing script.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    126 times
    well, that codes the form, and then you can just copy and paste it into another page. Then you just do the php part.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Remove Ads