Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    265 times
    Hey all,
    I have been mulling over the thought of going to freelance websites to get more trade.
    Currently I am looking at:
    peopleperhour.com and freelancer.co.uk
    My issue is as I have just signed up to these how will i get a rating? Or work in fact... there appears to be hundreds of people bidding on jobs..

As you guys know I can build websites quite effectively, but if anyone has any advice with these sites to help me start out it would be most appreciated....I'm a little bit scared at the moment as i dont want to use up the credits i have to not get a job.... only have 30 creds at the moment :/

M
    If you like my comments to your thread please click the LIKE button

Check out my portfolio: Here!
    View my company Facebook Page
    View my company Website

<<Plrease ignoer my typo's I have isdexlyia>>

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    I'll give you some advice that is ridiculously simple, but lands me a high percentage of jobs:

1) Read the job description carefully.
    2) Write a cover letter or whatever it is that the site asks for indicating that you've understood the job description, including links to sites that you've done that are relevant to the job description.
    3) If you can, ask questions about the specific job and/or make small suggestions to indicate that you aren't just posting generic crap.

If you've got 30 credits, and 1 credit goes for each job, you will get something out of doing this.
    m3n0tu18 likes this.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    45 times
    Try http://www.elance.com. On this website, jobs are posted, and then you can pick which ones you want to do. You won't have to wait for the jobs to come to you. You will be able to go to them.
    [COLOR=rgb(0, 51, 102)]Student Web Designer[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(0, 51, 102)]If you thought something I said was helpful. LIKE IT![/COLOR]

Remove Ads