Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    I have a client that wants to embedd his Youtube video on his site ... no problem. He wants the video to automatically start playing when the website is opened ... PROBLEM. At least it is a problem for me. Is there a way to do that? I'm just not seeing that as an option setting.
    Shirley Lund
    www.LundandLund.net
    Next Door Service Around the World

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    Not sure if there is an option for " autoplay " on the embed script from YouTube... Don't think there is...

Question though ? Many businesses are banning YouTube from their networks as well as any streaming video elements... If your client is in the B2B market... They may need to be made aware of this...

If they have the original video... You could convert to swf video.. Then embed with the auto play turned on... There is also software that will pull a copy from you tube and convert it...

This option will increase your servers bandwidth requirements...'just so you know

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    I'm not intending to be a 'wise-guy' here, but did you actually try to search for that on YouTube?
    http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Autoplay for embedded YouTube videos&aq=f

Shirley Lund likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Duh, that was a great suggestion mlseim! I went from hmm to panic mode in 2.1 secs flat. Never thought to search for "automode" there. The client sells product to musicians around the world and this is what his marketing team is suggesting he have on his site. I have had swf files on his site, but he wants to do away with those and mainline directly into youtube. Thanks for the "head-slap."
    Shirley Lund
    www.LundandLund.net

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    I did make this discovery... Add this to the src code: &autoplay=1
    It does work.
    Shirley Lund
    www.LundandLund.net

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirley Lund, post: 214567
    Duh, that was a great suggestion mlseim! I went from hmm to panic mode in 2.1 secs flat. Never thought to search for "automode" there. The client sells product to musicians around the world and this is what his marketing team is suggesting he have on his site. I have had swf files on his site, but he wants to do away with those and mainline directly into youtube. Thanks for the "head-slap."
    Just a word - if he's targeting musicians as clients - it's quite probable that they will be listening to music while they are online. I know I do, and I'm not even a musician.

There's hardly anything that makes me click away from a site faster than if it starts playing something automatically. It competes with what I am listening to, and is an enormous annoyance.

You may want to discuss this with your client - it's important that they remember that while they own the website, it is being created for their clients.
    Webzarus likes this.
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Remove Ads