Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Hi,

I would like to know what CMS (offline) you use and why.
    I actually started this topic because of m3n0tu18 topic where CMS´s like "freecms" and "Scratch" were mentioned. So i got curious about how many more alike were out there.

In a few days we could have a poll and what not.. granted that actibity on this topic justifies.
    My site? oh here--->www.host4go.com

Member #
    Liked
    265 times
    theres quite a few cms's around, the ones i have found to be quite interesting are:

Wordpress, Drupal, Joomla 1.7 and CMSfromscratch...

if your just starting out with CMS's i definately recommend CMSFromScratch as its very easy to work with and almost any HTML Template can be used.<that is unless you know how to create html templates.

All the CMS's I mentioned will need PHP as a backbone though. So you will still need WAMP, XAMP or MAMP for localhosting it on.

Personally I spent a long weekend learning How Joomla works and trying to get it working with what i wanted. Now i wont look back ha!
    If you like my comments to your thread please click the LIKE button

Check out my portfolio: Here!
    View my company Facebook Page
    View my company Website

<<Plrease ignoer my typo's I have isdexlyia>>

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    I don't understand why a CMS would be used offline, unless the site itself is an intranet site. It wouldn't change my answer vs. an online CMS...I just don't understand the question.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    265 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGAME1264, post: 214630
    I don't understand why a CMS would be used offline, unless the site itself is an intranet site. It wouldn't change my answer vs. an online CMS...I just don't understand the question.
    Yea your right there. CMS are mainly online setups. I however have about 20 virtual Joomla cms so i can testbed modules, articles, components and to edit the css within the site...Its farrr easier than uploading the site to find you made one mistake and it messes up the complete site.

I do agree that the only real capability CMS can be used offline would be in an intranet style basis. I have tried this with moodle and part joomla but quickly gave up as i wanted to make money and not mess around with local php issues....
    If you like my comments to your thread please click the LIKE button

Check out my portfolio: Here!
    View my company Facebook Page
    View my company Website

<<Plrease ignoer my typo's I have isdexlyia>>

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGAME1264, post: 214630
    My mistake, by offline i meant CMS that do not have their own modules, frameworks etc.. to build the site templated like joomla, wordpress and others alike.

take, "freecms" for example, you do your site and just add a tag to whatever parts you want freecms to be able to edit. Making freecms a more limited CMS (as opposed to joomla) but also easier to use with simple sites that dont go beynd the 5 pages.

Maybe i was clearer now...

Now i hope you have suggestions of some easy CMS to enable the most computer unware client to edit his site.

Member #
    Liked
    76 times
    Has anyone ever heard of Radiant or SilverStripe. I actullay tested SilverStripe, its very easy to use.
    I have gotten into the habit of not judging other designers/developers work, but this is my Microsoft Meandering time so I'm MEANDERING...

Oh, almost forgot: spammers are gender-less parasites...

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    SilverStripe seems pretty nice and if the regular version already brings all those options then... its really a nice CMS.
    Although it is an online one.

Guys i meant CMS like the ones that you do the whole site and then just add that special tag that the CMS will recognize to repeatable reagions and reagions that are editable.

Member #
    Liked
    76 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Porty, post: 215358
    SilverStripe seems pretty nice and if the regular version already brings all those options then... its really a nice CMS.
    Although it is an online one.

Guys i meant CMS like the ones that you do the whole site and then just add that special tag that the CMS will recognize to repeatable reagions and reagions that are editable.
    what?
    I have gotten into the habit of not judging other designers/developers work, but this is my Microsoft Meandering time so I'm MEANDERING...

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DanExcell, post: 215386
    what?
    Check FreeCms

Member #
    Liked
    76 times
    I don't see anything about E-Commerce support. All this is an online giant CMS. I don't see anything about managing dynamic content you do all of that yourself with open source CMS at no extra cost.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads