Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    title says it all...But here goes again;
    Has anyone ever bought or sold a site at Flippa.com?

Ever saw a site being sold by 1$?

ps. i tried to open this topic on the marketplace section of the forum, but it seems i dont have enought priviledges.
    My site? oh here--->www.host4go.com

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Selling one now personally. It's not even close to the reserve bid, though.

https://flippa.com/2627034-search-en...iendly-layouts

Not overly impressed with the process, either. Seems like there are too many "SEO"/domain scavengers and not enough people who see legitimate, decent sites that they can work with.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    @TheGAME1264.

Sorry to hear that your selling experience on Flippa so far has been in any way short of awesome.

While your site is no Facebook, it does have strong original content and considerable authority - as such, it should be getting more attention than it has thus far (even though views/watches are tracking strongly).

Few problems/solutions with your listing
    1. Your title is too generic. I'd go with something like "5 Year Old SEO Design Website for Sale". You won't be able to do this post auction go-live but PM me to say you're happy with this change and we'll make it happen.
    2. Your MS-Access/.ASP backend will be unattractive to most buyers. It may be worth mentioning in your listing comments that a new owner could port the content to a modern CMS like Wordpress (so long as that this is true of course)
    3. Your site has Google Analytics installed but you've not included it in your listing. It is well worth the effort as it boosts buyer confidence
    4. Use the Featured listing upgrade once you've address this to get it in front of more website buyers (no, not going the hard-sell here - we're already added credits to your account to cover this ;-)). Recommend doing this in the last few days of your listing.

Hope that helps - happy selling!

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Weird...I didn't see that coming. Thanks for that. To address your points in order

1) Okay, if you're willing to do it, I'll give it a shot to see what happens. Go ahead and write the title and we'll give it a whirl (yeah, it said to PM it, but I want to make sure that I said it in a way others can see, since people do pay attention).

2) It could probably be ported, but I don't want to say that it can be since it's a custom-formatted database. It would probably take some programming work.

3) I did attempt to upload the Analytics sample report in PDF format from January -> June inclusive, but nothing ever happened. No error, no nothing. From the looks of it, you guys never got it. But I did try it.

4) Thanks for that. I'll try it to see what happens.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Okay, I tried #4. I don't see the credits. I see the list of upgrades, but not the credits anywhere. Is there a spot I should be looking?

Appreciate the customer service, by the way.

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    I sold this site on Flippa. But I wouldn't use them again if there were another option. They're way overpriced for the (very simple) service they provide.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    I'm going to reserve any final judgement (although I've given an interim judgement) until I see what happens with the featured upgrade and the revised title (i.e. the customer service end). But since the auction ends in a week, it won't be long until I say something.

And I think our new member has figured out that when I talk around here, people have a tendency to listen.

Member #
    We like to surprise ;-)

Have updated your title.

On analytics, check out our original post on this at http://flippa.com/blog/verify-google...s-attachments/ Otherwise drop a line to our support guys and they'll be able to help.

Happy selling!

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Okay, I just re-emailed my dashboard. This is what I sent the first time.

It doesn't say what reports you guys want, though. That might make things clearer. Do you want the Visitors Overview? Traffic Sources Overview? Detailed reports? Obviously the more the merrier, but the dashboard indicates the traffic levels, right?

Member #
    Hello again.

Just confirming that you used the email address and subject code outlined on your "Add Analytics Stats" page (https://flippa.com/auctions/2627034/...ts/analytics)? May take a few minutes to be verified and appear.

You can see your credit balance from your account profile page. Select "Purchase Upgrades" and check the "Listing featured on the front page" option. Hit checkout and you'll be shown a price covered by your accound credits. I've already given it a feature so don't do it for another few days I'd say (notice that since featuring your listing views and the number of users watching your listing have already increased by 25% which typically translates to bids closer to the end of the auction).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads