Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I've been looking at all these online portfolios and i freakin love them.. I want to know how they are done !!

I've been doing my first webpage (my FIRST webpage and my first shot at HTML and CSS and everything else to do with web design, I must admit I am a pretty fast learner and can accomplish anything dealing with anything in this category only being told ONCE) ... so here is my first attempt

http://www.chelcitosway.cz.cc

It looks plain, it maybe even looks like a beginner , which is what I am here for. I want ideas, random words that I can google or youtube how they're done, or books I can read to learn things, I want to make this webpage really awesome and I want to do it on my own so that I can learn and say I did it. I'm pretty smart and I am really knowledgable with internet and computers so telling me something that is advance, I can usually learn or figure it out on my own. So I'd like any tips, ideas or whatever else you people got !

Member #
    Liked
    416 times
    You should probably use a separate CSS style sheet. And the CSS has a lot of intelligent notes, did you make it yourself?
    You should probably have the navigation on the left, it's sorta awkward hanging out on the right side.
    And, you should have same navigation on every page. People shouldn't have to go back to the home page in order to visit another page (I said 'page' a lot... hmm)
    As to where to go from here - Just focus on making your site better. If you want a review, post it in the reviews section.
    My freelancer website: DolidzeDesign

You only need a parachute if you plan on skydiving twice.

Member #
    I just wanted ideas to make it look nice like all these other portfolios, like javascript, so I didn't know whether it would go in review or not. And as far as my CCS i used dreamweaver.. and i didnt even notice the nav bar being on the wrong side, I'm dyslexic so anything backwards feels right to me lol... but thanks for the advice on keeping the same navigation per page, that will be an improvement

Member #
    Liked
    416 times
    Regarding the looks then: I like the splatter background that you have going on there, but the header doesn't really match it. I don't really know how to improve that, sorry :/
    Also, I think it would be cool if the navigation buttons aren't shiny, and have hover effects
    If you happen to like my portfolio, I didn't use a bit of JS in it, other than for google Analytics.
    Start with that, and then post it up on the reviews section, I'm sure people will love it and give you more suggestions as to what to do.
    My freelancer website: DolidzeDesign

You only need a parachute if you plan on skydiving twice.

Remove Ads