Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    When I upload files to my domain, only the images and simple text appear and nothing else, no header, backgrounds, colors, nothing, just white page and images. I have tried with FTP, front page, and my hosting accounts file loader with no success. I have tried different combinations of file loading such as CSS first, JS second and vise versa with the same result. I have been working on this for two days and is beginning to drive me nuts! I have come so far in the learning process of building a website and then to be stopped dead in my tracks by this. Help!

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    FTP is all you should need to upload them. So when you are done sending them up through FTP, are they visible as on ther server, when viewing the file structure of the files?

Depending on your hosting provider ( it may be a permission thing ), you should check with whomever is providing your hosting space and see if there are limitations.

I've heard of some free hosting sites limiting the use of js but not CSS?

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    In your main page (index.html, or whatever the page is called), you are referencing
    those CSS and .js files in the top part (meta tag) area. What is the path you are
    specifying for those files?

Example of what those lines look like:
    [COLOR=rgb(51, 102, 255)]<link href="style.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all" />[/COLOR]

Make sure you are specifying the correct location for the .css file ... and also,
    show us a link to your site, so we can see it ... that might be the best thing to do.

Remove Ads