Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hey all, i am new to the forums as well as to web design so please be patient, i may not grasp your comments right away. What i want to know is how you design and implement a visitor searchable database. My site focuses on antiques and collectibles and i would like it to be a one stop directory of anything related to those topics. How do i go about making all the antique dealers who register with my site findable for anyone who is looking? I would like to have variable parameters such as distance, hours open and category. At the moment the site is bare bones and is done through Powweb and Joomla. Any information/ help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Pete

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    Joomla is your first step, the biggest step.

Now, you need to find plugins (or modules) for Joomla pertaining to membership register/login,
    and another module for customizable database. Search Joomla forums and sites for information
    on those things, and you'll probably get better help from a "joomla only" forum.

Remove Ads