Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I have an e-commerce website on webs.com. I use Paypal for my checkout. Is there any way to add a shipping calculator for the US and other countries. I don't know html.

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    I'm guessing you can't ... unless PayPal has it's own calculator appear during checkout.

If you had your own secure shared host site (that you pay for), you would be able to have
    all of your own calculators, databases, and customized checkout using PayPal's API.

Being new to HTML, PHP, MySQL ... you would also have to hire a programmer.
    If would take a year to learn all of that.

rikoshaprl likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    Your shipping calculator is usually tied in with whatever form you choose to use for actual shipping.

USPS, UPS, FEDEX, DHL all have different rates based on weight and distance, then throw in options for expedited shipping.

USPS used to have an API, but you needed to know a good bit about scripting to tie it in with a pay pal payment option, since you will need to calculate shipping before sending anything to paypal for processing.

i haven't checked in a while, but I'm sure the others probably have some kind of API for this as well, but each is going to require you to sign up for it and use a code in you scripting so they know who's using it and for what.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Webzarus, post: 216626
    Your shipping calculator is usually tied in with whatever form you choose to use for actual shipping.

USPS, UPS, FEDEX, DHL all have different rates based on weight and distance, then throw in options for expedited shipping.

USPS used to have an API, but you needed to know a good bit about scripting to tie it in with a pay pal payment option, since you will need to calculate shipping before sending anything to paypal for processing.

i haven't checked in a while, but I'm sure the others probably have some kind of API for this as well, but each is going to require you to sign up for it and use a code in you scripting so they know who's using it and for what.
    Thank you. There would be a demand if someone could design some kind of app for each of the shippers that could be inserted into a shopping cart. I would buy it.

Remove Ads