Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I have an e-commerce website om webs.com. I use Paypal as my checkout. Is there a way to automatically calculate quantity discounts for my product?

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Not really. PayPal isn't built for that as such. They're just built for "take order items, process payment, send user back."

If you want that, you're going to have to find a host that offers some kind of server-side programming language (PHP, ASP, ASP.Net, etc.) and learn the language so that you can calculate the discounts on your end and then send the user to PayPal for payment. And that means you're going to have to pay for hosting.

Same thing goes for your shipping question.
    rikoshaprl likes this.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Any suggestions for a new host? Also, will I lose my search engine rankings changing over to a new host? Thank you.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Not if you transfer the host correctly (don't shut down the old host until the site shows up properly on the new host for at least 24 hours) and you ensure that your site's structure is intact.

www.sectorlink.com <-- there's my suggestion. Been with them over 9 years now. They rock.
    rikoshaprl likes this.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGAME1264, post: 216604
    Not if you transfer the host correctly (don't shut down the old host until the site shows up properly on the new host for at least 24 hours) and you ensure that your site's structure is intact.

www.sectorlink.com <-- there's my suggestion. Been with them over 9 years now. They rock.
    Thanks much. I am going to check them out.

Remove Ads