Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Have a client saying his site looks all misaligned in IE 7/8/9. However I see it fine on all planes (tried IE 7/9, Firefox 4/5, Chrome 13). Had a few other people check it out, they all report it looks fine in all their browsers. So we're not entirely sure why the client is seeing it incorrectly.

The client thought maybe it had something to do with his large screen resolution (1440 x 900) but I've tried many different resolutions and it continues to look fine. I dont think that would lead to the way that he's seeing it wrong anyway.

Was hoping a few people here could say if it looks ok or not in IE, so we can get a bigger picture of how often/which browsers it's not displaying correctly.

Link:
    http://www.blackburnstest.com/bwf_test/

Here is a screenshot the client took of how he is seeing it:
    http://i.imgur.com/JtgC4.jpg
    Definitely doesnt look resolution-related.

Anyway, can I try to get some yay or nays here if looks good to you in the common browsers and which versions? Thanks much in advance!

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    It's IE7 (IE9 in compatibility view will show it) that's your problem, but in this case, it's not IE that screwed it up (even though it's the only one that shows the error).

The width of your leftfloat and wheelfinder divs (or the wheelfinder div + margin) is greater than the width of the content div. Your content div is 940 pixels wide. The wheelfinder div (534) + leftfloat div (411) = 945 pixels wide.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Remove Ads