Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Webzarus gave me the idea for this, so credit to him for it. Anyway, here's the idea. As some of us who have been involved in the web game are aware, there are certain words and phrases that should instill fear in the hearts of any serious freelancer hoping to get paid while working for a human being. Here's my list:

1) Startup. They never get started.

2) Clone. Nothing like a lack of originality.

3) Customer-facing. Isn't every site that caters to a customer supposed to be customer-facing?

4) Scalable. See customer-facing.

5) Infrastructure. You can ask 100 different people what this means and get 100 non-answers.

So here are a few to get you started. Let's see what everyone else comes up with.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    126 times
    6) any site that sports the phrase "make money fast in 3 of easy steps"
    7)Free web hosting

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    8) No money to pay you, but willing to share a percentage of profits. ( 0% of 0 = $0.00 )

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    9) I don't have the technical skills to put this together, but this will be the next ( add name of popular service )....

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    10) free domain name and custom web site to promote your business. -wait, thats a different scam !!!

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Wow...I forgot about #8 and #9. Nicely done!
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Going to add #11, and I've heard this one four times now:

11) I'm not running this business for profit, so I have to keep my expenses low.

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    12) What I am offering here is more of a partnership for someone highly motivated and very proffesional ( recently posted on CL)... actually see this one pop up every so often.

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    13) we've been working on this project for several month, but our web guy just left for personal reasons. - yeah, people tend to leave when you don't pay them.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    That reminds me of #14:

14) Our web guy just left us, and we're auditioning talented webmasters to be his replacement, so build this site and if we like your work we'll hire you and pay you according to our pay structure.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads