Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    A client wants to add an ecommerce store to his website. Can anyone recommend a software I can use to integrate with the website?
    New Jersey Website Design: We offer services in Web Design, SEO, Website Design, Belmar Web Design
    We are located in Belmar, New Jersey and Collingswood, New Jersey
    www.AKonlinedesign.com

Member #
    Liked
    76 times
    try foxy cart, it requires no coding, or any other backend stuff. You can easily integrate it into your css. The catch in all of this is that it's a paid service.
    I have gotten into the habit of not judging other designers/developers work, but this is my Microsoft Meandering time so I'm MEANDERING...

Oh, almost forgot: spammers are gender-less parasites...

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    If your client has a merchant account already ( most do if they accept CC's ), they may have a solution that you can use to integrate into their site.

Depending on your client, what their needs are, etc... a paid cart is an option. Just know that there are plenty of OPEN SOURCE carts out there, and yes they are free, but along with free comes some issues you should know about.

1.open source is not the most secure ( since all their code is available to any hacker that wants to study it so they can hack it ).

2. coding is usually pretty bloated and hard to work with.

3. Integration on many are easy, but not all of them are.

If you client need a secure cart that is going to be accepting CC's and you don't know how to build one yourself, then a paid solution that uses SSL might be your most secure option.

If nothing else, if they get hacked, and your clients customer base gets compromised, you and your client have someone to sue ( look at their TOS, before signing up ), to make sure they don't say ( if your account gets compromised, Oh well tough luck ... or something to that effect )

Member #
    I will suggest to give a try to Drupal with Ubercart module. Its great!!!
    http://drupal.org/project/ubercart

Fo got Drupal 6 instead of Drupal 7.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Thanks everyone. After meeting today, we decided that building a separate ecommerce site would be best, oppose to adding it to his current website.
    New Jersey Website Design: We offer services in Web Design, SEO, Website Design, Belmar Web Design
    We are located in Belmar, New Jersey and Collingswood, New Jersey
    www.AKonlinedesign.com

Member #
    Hi if you are still interested i offer my customers some software called actinic, its a UK market leader and offers a host of methods and options to clients. It can be integrated into any payment gateway and has plugins to link it to accounts packages such as SAGE.

Remove Ads