Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Alright so one of my clients needs me to create a system where the users will visit the page, view images, and vote on the best one. They would like to have it so that the users have to sign in, in order to vote and they want to limit the voting to a certain number, like 3 per ip address.

The current site is static html, but as I have been recently designing in Word Press I plan on creating a subdirecty and installing WP as I am betting it will be a better starting place to accomplish this voting system.

Any help here would be great as I do not have a lot of programming under my belt. I do know the basics of PHP though. if, else, ect..

Thanks in advance,

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    My site? oh here--->www.host4go.com

Member #
    Thanks Porty, looks like those plugins will certainly work for what I need to do as far as the voting goes-

New Questions (somewhat): Is it possible to have a page of a WP site (or the whole site) password protected so that users have to 'sign in' in order to view the site or page? and if so, whats the best way to capture and record their info? Then of course any help in direction here would be great, thanks.

Remove Ads