Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Your don'ts

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    1. Im always trying to keep everything structured - the best way for me is to discuss every detail with my colleagues and see if we all think that the page looks good or get any other new ideas. That really works.
    2. Choosing the right color scheme is also very important. To not to make the colors not contrasting I always use color wheel.
    3. Easy sign up forms - if you will try to get too much personal information, your visitor will probably leave your page as he is not into wasiting his time for this.
    4. I'm a designer, so I do not make the content myself - I know that others can do much better.
    5. Put lots of attention to navigation - it should be as simple as possibel and all the optionsshould be easily found. Need to think of a logical consequence of your visitors possible actions.

Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Vincentas View Post
    1. Im always trying to keep everything structured - the best way for me is to discuss every detail with my colleagues and see if we all think that the page looks good or get any other new ideas. That really works.
    2. Choosing the right color scheme is also very important. To not to make the colors not contrasting I always use color wheel.
    3. Easy sign up forms - if you will try to get too much personal information, your visitor will probably leave your page as he is not into wasiting his time for this.
    4. I'm a designer, so I do not make the content myself - I know that others can do much better.
    5. Put lots of attention to navigation - it should be as simple as possibel and all the optionsshould be easily found. Need to think of a logical consequence of your visitors possible actions.
    those sound more like "dos" than "don'ts"

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I thought I'd throw in my little gripe, because I have very sensitive vision I need to use an inverted colour scheme (dark background, light text) as much as possible, to avoid headaches (or eye-aches), so:-

DON'T specify one colour without specifying the other - example: don't force a background colour but leave the foreground text colour set by the 'system'. Either leave both to the default OS settings, or specify both. For me, if you specify a dark text but leave the background up to the user OS, I will need to highlight everything to read it. Please consider us folks with extremely sensitive vision, consider having different colour schemes (inverted) set by a cookie.
    sarahswansea likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    Quote Originally Posted by LDAsh View Post
    I thought I'd throw in my little gripe, because I have very sensitive vision I need to use an inverted colour scheme (dark background, light text) as much as possible, to avoid headaches (or eye-aches), so:-

DON'T specify one colour without specifying the other - example: don't force a background colour but leave the foreground text colour set by the 'system'. Either leave both to the default OS settings, or specify both. For me, if you specify a dark text but leave the background up to the user OS, I will need to highlight everything to read it. Please consider us folks with extremely sensitive vision, consider having different colour schemes (inverted) set by a cookie.
    Are you sure a dark bg with light copy is actually helping you? I read somewhere that it might not be. I know that many older people have an easier time reading dark copy on a light bg because its easier on their eyes. I personally prefer the same as you but we may be fooling ourselves. Just something I thought id share.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I've always setup my colour scheme like this since Windows 95, because a white background with dark text causes me headaches and "sprites" behind my eyelids, when I close my eyes. Almost 20 years on (most of it in front of a computer screen), I still have almost perfect vision (a little too perfect, maybe ) while a lot of people I talk to have their eyesight increasingly deteriorating from too much glare.

In short - no, I don't think we're fooling ourselves. Only when we think other people can see our dark websites and screenshots clearly.

My original point is that websites (and applications themselves) should consider options for both colour schemes.

Member #
    I think, above mentioned all dont's are genuine and covers up my dont's too. I agree with all of them. Yes, by my sight if anyone of factor that is important than its selection of font, which ruins up everything.

Member #
    my don't is to not fall for unprofessional clients advice

Member #
    Don't create a site or a design without an end result in mind, know what you want to create from the very get go. Otherwise it will shine through that you don't have a coherent idea about your design. Made that mistake many times

Member #
    Here are my list of Don't s..

1.Don't use plagiarize content,because it creates a bad impact for your website.
    2.Don't use design elements that are not relevant to your website.
    3.Don't use dark colors for background.
    4.Don't use more than 2 font style on your website.

Member #
    Liked
    197 times
    Quote Originally Posted by daisylucy View Post
    Here are my list of Don't s..

1.Don't use plagiarize content,because it creates a bad impact for your website.
    2.Don't use design elements that are not relevant to your website.
    3.Don't use dark colors for background.
    4.Don't use more than 2 font style on your website.
    Why not use dark colors for the background?

We've got sites, including corporate sites, with dark backgrounds and get only positive feedback from them.
    Bleau
    "Give the gift of life, Adopt a child, And an Animal"

Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 LastLast

Remove Ads