Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hey every one. i am new the this forum ! But any ways lets get on with it. I am designing a website that is going to sell downloadable files as well as physical items.

The question is really regarding the downloadable files.

i am going to use paypal to accept money transfers. Once they have paied for a downloadable file (eg. jpg or mp3) i will direct them to a page that the file can be downloaded from.

What i don't know how to go about is making this directory private or not accessible to the public that has not paid. (e.g what is stopping them send that url to there mate and another 1000 people downloading for free.

I have been reading about the .htaccess technique, but i am still not sure if that the way to do it or not.

Any information or code to steer me in the right direction will be great thank you.

Member #
    And i just relised i miss spelt question lol

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    You should really look into some paid e-commerce programs that have all Api's for payment, etc. Already incorporated.

You didn't express your level of skills in programming , or if you'd even started on the site.

If you have little or no programming ( not design skills ), you're going to be hard pressed to recreate the wheel. Why did I mention "paid", because most of the open source packages out there become hacker targets. If you are knolwdegable about php, one of the prebuilt shopping cart programs can be a base to start from, after you have coded out some of the security problems with them.

Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Enforcefx, post: 218638
    What i don't know how to go about is making this directory private or not accessible to the public that has not paid. (e.g what is stopping them send that url to there mate and another 1000 people downloading for free.
    Can I ask something? If a certain client paid to download a file, are you taking in the IP as the payment ID or it needs to create a paid account subscription to continue with the download? If you require a paid registration before making a download, then I guess you can control the viewing of your files in your directory.
    -----------------------
    | I | A | M | S | A | M |
    -------------------------------

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Webzarus, post: 218706
    You should really look into some paid e-commerce programs that have all Api's for payment, etc. Already incorporated.

You didn't express your level of skills in programming , or if you'd even started on the site.

If you have little or no programming ( not design skills ), you're going to be hard pressed to recreate the wheel. Why did I mention "paid", because most of the open source packages out there become hacker targets. If you are knolwdegable about php, one of the prebuilt shopping cart programs can be a base to start from, after you have coded out some of the security problems with them.
    I second this. You first have to do your research on some e-commerce programs etc to get a feel of the APIs

Remove Ads