Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    31 times
    Hi everyone. I'm having a hard time with a certain image that isn't displaying properly in IE for Mac. This is what's going on. In the body css rule of my site, I have assigned a background image. This image is fixed, meaning that it stays in place while the user scrolls down the page. This image is set to scale at 100% width without repeating vertically. Now, in IE for Mac this image doesn't scale as it does for Opera, Safari, and Firefox. So what I think I need to do is hide it from IE while forcing IE to simply display a background color for the body css rule. Can anyone give me a clue on how to do this? I've posted the link of my site. Those of you who are on a MAC system hopefully will see what I'm talking about.

http://cdemarco1.mydevryportfolio.com/mystory.html

Member #
    Liked
    959 times
    Not sure how Mac IE does with conditional comments, but try this in your <head> tag:

<!--[if IE]><style type="text/css">body{background-image: none;background-color: purple;}</style><![endif]-->
    Ron Roe
    Web Developer
    "If every app were designed using the same design template, oh wait...Bootstrap."

Member #
    Liked
    31 times
    Yeah I'm not sure how MAC does anything because I don't have a history with it, much less developing for it. Thank you good sir, I appreciate it

Remove Ads