Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi people
    I am currently in the process of begining to set up a Speed Dating business, of which the website would be the core fundamental pillar of the whole business.

The website for this business would essentially be an event creation site... From the front end, users can see a frequently updated list of up and coming events, and can themselves sign up to events / paying for them through the website.
    The back end would enable admins to upload new events, as well as view/ manage current events which have already been created (such as being able to view who has signed up for the event etc).... In short, deal with the whole administrative side of the business / customer service from the back end of the site. The site should also be optimised as best as possible to be easily accesible to people perusing the web.

There is more... But I think that summises the core elements in a nut shell ... So here's my questions...

- Do any of you guys have any advice / words of wisdom concerning what is the best way to go about undertaking such a project (I myself am not a web-designer).
    - I know this is the question that is frustratingly vague, but always gets asked... But from what I described above of what the site should be.... How much as an overall/ guestimate figure would you imagine it would cost from start to completion?
    - Do you know of any such pre-made templates (such as wordpress) which deal with event creation websites such as this?

Any other words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated
    Thanks for reading peeps!

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    This sounds like a Joomla project to me.
    Adding Joomla extensions for PayPal, or your own bank CC system, and a user member system.

So, you would talk to a freelance programmer, or programming web development company
    that specializes in Jooma (or Drupal) sites. You can search Google for Joomla theme templates
    to get ideas on how you might like it to appear ... the "look" of it.

Cost? That's a hard one. I've got numbers like $1000-$2000 in my mind.
    If you need custom graphics ... add another $1000 to it.

Remove Ads