Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Here's my webpage, I have it aligned, but I want to put in a code so that no matter what size monitor you have, it will display correctly. I'm an amateur when it comes to coding and css. I'm more of an expert at the design rather than the html stuff. Thanks,

Joe

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    What your asking for is called a fluid or liquid layout, that will adjust everything on the page based on the size of the browser.

This is usually a very difficult and tricky thing to do correctly. Since there are so many resolutions and then you throw on different browsers, it is almost impossible to do where every browser at every resolution displays exactly the same.

The basic thing you need to do is size every element on the page using percentages instead of fixed sizes. If you're new to CSS, you should do some research on liquid or fluid CSS layouts before attempting as it can and will be very frustrating trying to accomplish without understanding the concept.

Remove Ads