Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Hi everyone,

I've been asked to create an online shop and the client wants it to be easy to create so they are insisting on Wordpress. I found a plug-in that can create the database of products and she wants to use PayPal so that's sorted. My question is, has anyone created a shop with Wordpress? Would you recommend using WP instead of Dreamweaver? Also, I've told the client that we should also get an SSL certificate for safe shopping.

I just don't want to make promises I can't keep because I don't know all the variables. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Member #
    Liked
    265 times
    First off my friend, Dreamweaver and wordpress are completely different tools. Dreamweaver is a (*cou--deconstructive--gh*) designing tool to build websites.
    Wordpress is a content management system, it helps clients update the site whenever they want without the need for a webDev getting involved. It is also mainly a Blogging tool rather than an e-commerce shop.

Personally I dont use wordpress (just too lazy at present to learn it) I do however use Joomla with a cart extention on it to do e-commerce. I'm currently designing a site that implement's similar to what you are trying to achieve.

I suggest telling the client that Joomla would be a better more effective choice to design and maintain the site.
    If you like my comments to your thread please click the LIKE button

Check out my portfolio: Here!
    View my company Facebook Page
    View my company Website

<<Plrease ignoer my typo's I have isdexlyia>>

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Thanks for the advice. Is Joomla easy to learn? I've only ever worked with Dreamweaver and Wordpress. Can you use a shopping cart with Joomla? I'm sure using PayPal isn't a problem. I'm just wondering if I'll have the time to learn a new skill and implement it without too much of a learning curve?

Thanks.

Member #
    Liked
    265 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanna Baxter, post: 219573
    Thanks for the advice. Is Joomla easy to learn? I've only ever worked with Dreamweaver and Wordpress. Can you use a shopping cart with Joomla? I'm sure using PayPal isn't a problem. I'm just wondering if I'll have the time to learn a new skill and implement it without too much of a learning curve?

Thanks.
    Personally yes, Joomla is extremely easy to learn. I learnt it in a weekend.

There is a module called Virtuemart which supports paypal, credit cards, moneybookers etc. and its very easy to implement =)

If you need a hand pm me and ill see what tuts i can find for you =)
    Alanna Baxter likes this.

View my company Website

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Thanks a mil! Ok, will hunker down to learn Joomla this weekend and PM you if I run into problems.

Thanks again!
    m3n0tu18 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    265 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanna Baxter, post: 219587
    Thanks a mil! Ok, will hunker down to learn Joomla this weekend and PM you if I run into problems.

Thanks again!
    Your welcome Alanna, any time

View my company Website

Remove Ads