Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Liked
    45 times
    If you're old enough for a credit card, or your parents have a credit card,
    subscribe to a real webhost and create your own domain name. You can get
    a real webhost account for about $40 a year ... that's like $3 a month, or a
    burger and fries at McDonald's.
    I turned 16 in August. I have applied for some jobs so I should be able to earn my own money. I really need a good, secure webhost that I can use to hold the database. A job will allow me to do that.

[QUOTEHow many includes are you using? Remember that PHP code is processed server side prior to the response being sent back to the client - if there are a lot of them and the server is slow this could be causing the delay.][/QUOTE]
    I'm using two. One holds the PHP login script, all of the CSS and Javascript files, the header, horizontal nav, and the left nav.
    The other PHP include funtion is holding the footer.
    [COLOR=rgb(0, 51, 102)]Student Web Designer[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(0, 51, 102)]If you thought something I said was helpful. LIKE IT![/COLOR]

Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    Sorry to hijack this thread, but miseim, I checked out the link in your sig and found this... http://www.catpin.com/ctrick/index.php

Ran it first and my mind exploded. Ran it a second time - but this time wrote down the cards that were shown. Sneaky... It's a good trick though!

Back on topic:

BlackHawk, I was just like you back in highschool. Never got my own domain or hosting because I just assumed it was coststly (well.. it was more expensive back then - but that's not the point), and hey, a free server is just a good right? Booooy was I wrong.

Take Miseim's advice and fork over the $$. It's very cheap and well worth the results.

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    Check out http://www.hostmonster.com/ - I've been with them for years and am currently running about 18 domains (for myself and my clients) and over 40 databases on one account with no problem.
    Their support is great, and while there are cheaper hosts, I find the extra 2 bucks a month to be more than worth it.
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    Liked
    416 times
    Sorry to hijack this thread, but miseim, I checked out the link in your sig and found this...http://www.catpin.com/ctrick/index.php

Ran it first and my mind exploded. Ran it a second time - but this time wrote down the cards that were shown. Sneaky... It's a good trick though!
    Totally blew my mind the first time. And the second and the third. I figured it out now though. Phew.

Blacks, how do you manage to juggle school, jobs and wed design at the same time?? I started school couple of weeks ago, i have absolutely no free time for anything.
    My freelancer website: DolidzeDesign

You only need a parachute if you plan on skydiving twice.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads