Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi,

I am looking to develop a website that will be a social marketplace for buyers and sellers of handmade goods (Think Ebay meets Facebook but for handmade items). I don't have any skills in designing websites so I have contacted a small web design firm and a freelance web developer. I have received very similar proposals from both but I am having difficulty choosing working with the small web design company or a freelancer. Both the freelance and the web design company are charging me the same ($12,000) for the development of the site.

Here are just two of the main things we have discussed:
    Content Management System (CMS) - The web design firm stated they would have to create one for me. The freelancer said that the community builder software (Dolphin, by Boonex.com) would allow me to make changes to my site.
    Community Builder Software-Both the freelancer and the web design company said they would use a platform from Boonex.com called "Dolphin" which cost $500 (included in the total price).

I know this is a lot of information but what do you think? Any recommendations on a CMS that would work best for me or is it better to build one from scratch? Any thoughts on the community software builder "Dolphin" by Boonex.com. I would really appreciate all your help thank you.

Kenny

Remove Ads