Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I am creating a blog about Chelsea. I am using Inkscape to design my template. I have sliced the header, nav and footer. I am having problems with how to slice the body up. I have the main section and a side bar on the right. The white boxes are just examples of where stuff go but they could need to be bigger or smaller. My questions is how do i slice it and then code it that way?

Here is the template: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/853/rect3857.png/

I have created a website before so I know the very basics but never used a sidebar.

Also any ideas how to make it look even better. I have started to code it but it doesn't look as good as i thought.

Member #
    Liked
    265 times
    to be honest man, the template is a simple design, and all of the template (bar the logo) can be done with css3 and the border-radius: option. if you need a hand give us a shout.

Its a good looking design though. you make it yourself?
    If you like my comments to your thread please click the LIKE button

Check out my portfolio: Here!
    View my company Facebook Page
    View my company Website

<<Plrease ignoer my typo's I have isdexlyia>>

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    If you're setting the site up as a blog, why not use WordPress? There are a lot of really easily cusomizable themes available, and the sidebars are usually inherent in the layout.
    m3n0tu18 likes this.
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    Use WordPress.
    Find a free WP theme that is layed-out sort of close to what you want.
    Then, customize the theme by putting in your own banner, graphics, colors, etc.

Use Google: free wordpress templates

Lots of them to choose from. Don't worry about how they look in respect to graphics and color.
    Find the layout you want ... you'll be swapping out all of the graphics yourself.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Thank you for the replies. I have decided to scrap the template and use wordpress to build my blog which is so much easier. Thank you for the help!
    m3n0tu18 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tomelk31, post: 219811
    Thank you for the replies. I have decided to scrap the template and use wordpress to build my blog which is so much easier. Thank you for the help!
    When you're done - post it at Ratings and Reviews. We'll let you know what we think!
    m3n0tu18 likes this.
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Remove Ads