Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi all, I'm pretty new to the field of web development. However, I have a project in mind but not sure the level of complexity for the website/web application. I'm not quite sure whether this is the right place for me to drop such an enquiry but have no idea where should I ask

I'm planning to own/develop a web application which can do the following:
    Frontend (public user):
    - Forum
    - Week Specials
    - Login & logout
    - Product rating & comments
    - Download catalogue
    - Upload quotation

Backend (admin, myself)
    - Login & logout
    - Approve comments
    - Manage members
    - Manage products (view, edit & delete)
    - Manage weekly specials (view, edit & delete)
    - Manage forum (view, edit & delete)

Do you guys have any idea how difficult is it to develop? I was thinking to get a developer to create (I'm afraid it's too hard for me to pick up PHP) but how much only I can claim the cost as reasonable?

Please assist :help:

Thank you!!!

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    There are several content management systems available to do most of what you're doing.

Development cost for something of that nature, from scratch would start around several thousand.

I'd suggest, until you know the site is going to be a money maker instead of a black hole, I'd start with a couple scripts that handle the functionality you want and need, and go from there. If the site os successful, and profitable, then you already have a baseline of thinking ( sure some things will change in time ) for the developer to work with. And can then build the site exactly how you want it.

Just my opinion.

Remove Ads