Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Image Editor

Member #
    Hi, I am building a website and I would like users to be able to upload a photo and have basic editing tools. They need to be able to edit size, text, etc. I have seen this on several websites and it is made in flash. Where would I find this? I am willing to pay but obviously a free one would be great. Thanks for the help and feedback.

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    I've seen those too, but you're talking about some pretty extensive programming, so I doubt you'd find one for free. Seems to me there was a site years ago called flashkit.com that allowed flash developers to post their built apps for others to use, tweak, etc.

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    I agree, to do this online would require Flash, or an .exe file of some kind (along with ASP)
    that the client would need to install into their PC.

I doubt you'll find anything free that you can download and use. There might be online
    services for this, but you would subscribe to those (not in your control).

Member #
    well, as i stated at first. i am willing to pay for it. so does anyone have any advice on how to find something like that.

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    I was re-reading the first post ...
    Are you saying that they don't edit the actual photo itself, just the dimensions and any captions?

If you mean that they actually edit pixels, colors, etc on the photo, that would be Flash.
    If they are only changing the size and a caption that appears under the photo (on a web page),
    that is just done with PHP scripting.

Clarify what you meant in post #1.

Member #
    flash is fine. i expect it to be flash. i have a website that will be selling custom t shirts and i need a way for customers to upload/create their own designs.

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    Yes ... that's a rather advanced image application.
    I've seen some great t-shirt design apps used on other websites.
    If you find one of those sites, and the site owner is not a competitor (or conflict of interest),
    you might be able to email them and ask where or who programmed their application.

Remove Ads