Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi Guys,

just a little help here please! I am planning to make a website which sells only 1 item and the method of payment will be via paypal.

I just wanted to know, whether or not I need to follow any laws or even have a terms & conditions on my site? Im new to this whole making of a website and putting it up on the internet and so I'm scared that I might be sued/fined by someone/some company for not following any regulations.

Please help me out,

THanks,
    Jahed :-')

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    I've never heard of such a thing ... (laws requiring it).
    Are you selling a tangible item (something you can touch), or a service, or a file download?

It might be ethical to at least explain how an item can be returned, any warrantee's, and
    how you provide service to your customers. And I also suggest you use PHP scripting to do
    the transaction ... using the PayPal API system to make the transaction easy and seamless.

Paypal has a great developer test site you can use (for free) to test everything out before going live:
    https://developer.paypal.com/

And if you're just selling one thing ... make your site compact (like one page or so), and
    make it easy for people to learn about and purchase your item. The simpler, the better.

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    Your legal liabilities are covered by whomever handles your payments.

If you use pay pal, your agreement with them is what covers your legal liabilities to the customer .

You should definitely understand pay pals terms of service, as if your customer complains, they complain to pay pal, and pay pal will not only put a hold on the funds in question, but also any penalties they deem necessary.

If it is an item that is delivered electronically, then terms are different than a tangible object.

Anyone wanting to use only pay pal as their payment option, should really understand all their terms.

Remove Ads