Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hello to all,
    I joined this site to get some much needed answers as my head is about to explode. I want to start a video sharing website. Sounds simple right? Not so much. I would like the site to have a home page explaining what the site is all about and a user can simply sign up, create there channel, build a profile, add videos, pics and blogs. Much like a youtube channel but this is designed with a specific niche in mind. I started asking around and have been given so many different answers I don't know what to do. I've had developers say it would be best for me to use a script such as clipshare, youtube clone, or rayzz. I'm not one of those people that think I can just throw something out there and boom success. I understand that you usually get what you pay for. With that being said I've been quoted up to 20k to build such a site form scratch. I need some real answers please. The bigger developers have told me that if the site catches fire the amount of money I will need to be able to handle more videos will be out of this world. I understand that. But whats that number. I just want to create a cool site. If it catches fire and there's a chance to actually make some money that's a bonus . Any help would be greatly appreciated. My budget is flexible meaning I would spend thousands if I new it was really worth it. Thanks!!

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    What kind of help? Advice, or you want to hire a programmer that uses this forum?
    I think what you've already been told is good advice.

It's a huge project, requires a ton of server storage/bandwidth, and will cost thousands.

I'm not sure what else to say.

Member #
    Hey mlseim what I want to know is what is the advantage of hiring a programmer to build the site form scratch vs using one of the scripts I listed above. If I can buy clipshare or rayzz and have a programmer make changes as needed why have someone build it from scratch? I just want to know why one is better then the other. How can I tell if my programmer isn't using one of the scripts himself? This is why it's pretty tough for me. I think my idea is good but it doesn't mean crap without the proper set up. As far as the storage is concerned would that be putting the kart before the horse? If the site doesn't attract users then all the storage space in the world won't mean anything right? What would be an ideal amount of storage be for a start up such as this? Thanks for the response.

Remove Ads