Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hey guys,

I'm trying to make my reports look a lot better then just using Word and exporting it as a PDF.

I've tried googling around for a while now trying to find tips/guides/etc on creating better reports, but I just get lists of things to do... not how to do them.

I have the entire Adobe Collection, I'm assuming you have to use InDesign or Photoshop, or maybe a combo.. But can someone point me in the direction to finding out how to spruce up my eBook/Report templates?

Thanks!

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    It depends on what you do with the reports.

Just publishing for anyone ? And why doesn't word to PDF not work?

I generates tons of reports a month this way so I'm sort of confused as to why it's not working for you.

Member #
    I didn't explain that well enough. The file type will end up in PDF. But Word seems to have some major limits when it comes to designing with it (At least how I'm trying to do it... maybe I can use word).

Anytime I try to use word it ends up having a wonky header, basic footer, and basic text through out the report. Even positioning images and wrapping text in Word has annoying constraints on it.

The reports I make are used for marketing purposes. I'd like to move beyond just having basic text and page numbers.

Member #
    Here's an example layout that I would like to work towards:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/PostFiles/C...e_Customer.pdf

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    Yeah, this is done in the adobe creative suite, can be done in any image editing software. You could do it in word as well.

Look at is as layering process. Start with a background.

Word has the ability to create headers and footers that can be applied to just the first or last page, the formatting of your text area. They are using images for most elements... Would be easier in CS than word, but definitely doable.

Remove Ads