Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hello, can someone kindly point me in the direction of starting to figure out how to create one of the pop up images that come up when you start a program, like Microsoft Word for example. I think they are called "splash screens" but that might be something a little different.

Thank you!

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    Are you talking about websites, or native programs (PC software)?

For any website, I would stay away from splash screens. There really is no purpose
    for them, and they simply add either more clicks, or more "waiting" for the user.
    Neither of those things are what users want when they visit a site.

The example you gave, like MS Word, is actually something they show while software
    is loading. Web pages are not the same as native executable software.

Member #
    No not a website. I actually would like one attached to a .pdf file every time you open it. Where would I find more information on the subject?

Thanks!

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    You would need a program complier... No way to hijack the adobe executable ( the splash screen is built into one of thier libraries ), to show the screen at startup.

For your purposes, you would need to take the PDF ( or whatever ), and compile it with your own library, but when you call the PDF extension, you're going to invoke the adobe library which will then show the adobe splash screen.

You could re-package them into an installer program, bit again , if it's a PDF file you're opening, it's going to call the adobe library for thier splash screen ( or whatever PDF reader the user has installed ).

Remove Ads