Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi Everyone,

I have been designing the front end of websites for over 4 years and now I am trying to learn Web Design. So far I have been taking lynda.com tuts for some time now. Currently, I am pretty comfortable with coding simple static websites with html and css, for both type and layout. What should I learn next to get into more dynamic websites?

Thanks in advance

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    PHP, MySQL, AJAX, javascripting

You can find free PHP tutorials online, or take a class somewhere.

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    All of the above, but depending on your goals you may also want to look at asp.net

The majority of large business uses windows servers, so at least knowing some basic asp.net will be helpful. If you're planning on freelancing, maybe not so necessary. But the more you know... The more chances and may open more doors

Member #
    Liked
    959 times
    Webzarus, looks like the autocomplete on whatever mobile device you're using kicked your butt...lol

I personally would venture into JS and then jQuery next, then the server-side. That's just me, though.
    Ron Roe
    Web Developer
    "If every app were designed using the same design template, oh wait...Bootstrap."

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    Holy crap... IPhone spell check must have been on "stupid mode", didn't even notice.

Jeez... I guess that's what I get for trying to answer questions while rebuilding servers.

Member #
    Thanks for all your input. Much Appreciated! I will definitely look into learning the things you have listed.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I'd recommend learning Ruby on Rails over php if you're looking to get into dynamic web design. And as Ronald Roe mentioned, js and jquery. Maybe some Ajax, too.

Remove Ads