Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I've been asked to do a website for a weekly news blog and they would like to be able to broadcast a live session once or twice a week. I've looked around at some streaming services and would like to know other peoples views on these sites and if they have any better solutions or ideas on live video streaming.

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    Nope, you're looking in the right direction. Most hosting platforms have TOS that strictly forbid streaming services, and many won't even allow you to post videos on their servers.

All the streaming services I've Everett looked at ar pretty much the same, your main concern is the location of the hosting provider in relation to your target audience. If it's a regional audience, you should try to find hosting with servers in that area.

If it's global, then you should make sure their connections are rock solid ( like multiples of redundant OC3 or better tied into the backbone ).

In video streaming, latency is not your friend. Hosting video streams on anything less than what is designed for it will not only make your client look bad, but you as well.

Remove Ads