Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi Everyone

I may not even be in the right place for this but ya gotta start somewhere, right?

I have a word doc which contains a checklist. This checklist is just a table which was inserted into the word doc to keep everything in order.

Beside each step is a link to a web page (we will call the web page "Instructions") which tells the user how to perform the steps in the checklist.

What I'd like to do is this:

When the user clicks on the link from word doc, I would like it to not only take the user to the Instructions web page (which it does now) but also to the start of the paragraph which instructs them what to do - so they don't have to search through the document/web page.

If I could somehow find step by step instructions on how to achieve this, I would be really happy. I've tried jumps and bookmarks but nothing seems to be working for me. Any suggestions?

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    Anchor tags is what you need

Here's a good explanation ( the part about external linking ), http://www.echoecho.com/htmllinks08.htm

Member #
    Ooooh OK - I was trying to do that but with bookmarks. I'll try it with the anchors tomorrow or this weekend. Thanks for the information!

Remove Ads