Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Hey guys,
    I'm really trying to figure out how they pulled off a transition in their suite selector. So if you'd check out the link below I'd appreciate it.
    You'll have to let the animation load and then select some options. Click "See out recommendations" and then in a product click "What's inside".

http://success.adobe.com/en/uk/progr...lector5-5.html

Thanks for the help

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    In all likelihood, this is done with two images...the black and white line art image and a color image set with 0 opacity by default. Then, as boxes are checked, the options are faded in and out.

Mind you, I wouldn't use Flash for this personally. I'd go the jQuery route myself.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Thanks for the input but I meant once you've made selections then clicked "See our recommendations" on the right".
    On that screen you click "What's Inside" under a product and it does a very cool spinning transition.

I've attached a screenshot
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member #
    Liked
    959 times
    There's probably a jQuery plugin that will do something similar.
    TheGAME1264 likes this.
    Ron Roe
    Web Developer
    "If every app were designed using the same design template, oh wait...Bootstrap."

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Ahhhh okay, I see the effect you mean.

I use Flash like 2 or 3 times a year (and even then, it leaves me feeling dirty and cheap), but I'd still look at Ronald's advice. Rock the jQuery.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Thanks guys. I hate Flash. It's the spawn of some demon in web design hell.
    I had a hunch it might be JQuery.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Oh, I like you.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Haha. Everytime a designer uses flash a kitten dies.

Member #
    Liked
    31 times
    For shame for shame, where does this infernal hatred of Flash come from? Dante''s Web Design Inferno maybe? I like to use Flash and jQuery when it serves my purposes. jQuery of course is much faster and makes for small file sizes whereas with Flash, there's a certain respect to be given the application. Without it, we might not have its successors such as jQuery. I love Flash and I like it too:dance:

To give you an exact answer here Reaper, this spinning animation is the result of two movie clip symbols being clipped onto a surface. The animation itself comes from a class known as the Caurina class. There's a book called Actionscript 3.0 Classroom In A Book that has a lesson which delves into this advanced method of animation. In the case of the Adobe page, what's going on is a 3D cube is rendered through actionscript, and there's 2 different symbols being attached to opposite sides of the 3D cube. I'll try to find some tutorials on how to do this. But be warned that this is advanced actionscript animation and is not the easiest to master.

Member #
    Liked
    959 times
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisHPZ, post: 223928
    For shame for shame, where does this infernal hatred of Flash come from? Dante''s Web Design Inferno maybe?
    Where to begin... oo:
    Ron Roe
    Web Developer
    "If every app were designed using the same design template, oh wait...Bootstrap."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads