Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    126 times
    I've got the Business account, I just never tried to figure out how to use the whole Business side of things...

But now I want to do just that. I've got 4 hosting plans, Which I want people to be able to pay monthly or yearly (max. 1 year). I want it to be recurring automatically until they manually cancel.

How would I accomplish this?

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    https://www.x.com/developers/paypal/...rring-payments

It's also known as an "auto rebill".

Mind you, I wouldn't necessarily use PayPal exclusively as your payment processor. I'd look into Authorize.Net's auto rebill as well...it's pretty easy to implement.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    126 times
    But Authorize.net costs money... PayPal doesn't!
    I'm not going to have enough customers (at least at the beginning) for a paid solution.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Yeah, but you may not be able to pick up enough customers using PayPal exclusively. It's a bit of a catch 22.

Remember, you're entering shark-infested waters. You're going to have a LOT of competition and LITTLE reward.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    126 times
    Why would using PayPal affect how many customers I have?

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Hosting customers are geeks. And geeks find things to criticize...stupid, small, petty things a lot of the time, but in this case, they'd have a pretty big thing. WebHostingTalk would likely chew you up and spit you out just because of this.

It's really easy to set up a fly-by-night hosting company using PayPal as a payment processor. All you'd need is an account to funnel the money into. I know of a guy that lives about an hour from me that's been doing it in the adult industry for about 10 years. You set up a proper payment processor with an SSL on the other hand...that means you're investing in your business and it means you're probably going to stick it out for a while.

There are a lot of hosting customers that are very aware of this, and it's something you're going to have to deal with.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    126 times
    I just bought an SSL certificate for my entire website, like 20 minutes ago. I just have no idea how to set it up but I do have one
    And if ShoveHost.com isn't a total flop I will invest more into it and make it better... but that hsa to happen gradually. You know what I mean? I can't put $5000 into this at once. I can put $50 in, then $100 next month, if I get some customers... you know what I mean?

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Yeah, I hear you. Just be prepared for some flak for this.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    126 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGAME1264, post: 224354
    Yeah, I hear you. Just be prepared for some flak for this.
    Some what?

It's a PITA to set up SSL. lol

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    Most people ( including me ), see pay pal as the only payment option and immediately turn away. You may have great servers with great connectivity and provide the best customer support, but there is a stigma... Or should I say perceived stigma with a company that only offers pay pal as their only payment option.

Most big business are just getting around to adding pay pal as an alternate, but only after receiving several request for it. I recommend to my clients to use their current merchant accounts because they are already paying for the service, if they receive request equal to 5% of their monthly request for pay pal, then we normally set it up, but not before.

I've had clients in the past that only had pay pal, and they got so much feedback from customers that pretty much said, get a real payment processor and we'll do business with you.

Again, it's a perceived stigma that just exist.. Can't explain it, but it does.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads