Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Hello all, so for my next university project I have to come up with a question to do with our media area mine being web. Once we have the question we need to produce a 2000 word illustrated essay on the question and be able to argue the question.

I decided on this question and would like the communities thought's on it.

The question is : Has the demand for more interactive and dynamic based website's made the content aspect to become lost?

Would love what you guys think to the question, and if I was asking you the question what would your answer be?

Thank's all.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    I don't know how you're going to extract 2000 words out of this topic, because the answer to me is pretty simple.

No, it hasn't, for two reasons:

1) You still need content for a website. No matter what happens, the content is foundation. You can't get around this. If your content sucks, your site sucks, regardless of how pretty it may be or how many things may flash on the screen.

2) "Interactive and dynamic-based websites" usually allow users to input content. Case in point: this thread. You posted your content, a database entry was created, and then the rest of us can retrieve the content based on certain parameters (in this case, the ID in the the URL of the thread and possibly the slug).

Again, I have no idea how you're going to get to 2000 words on this one. I'd be really interested to read it just to see how you did it.
    Callum France likes this.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    thank you for the reply, I agree with you, Im finding it hard to think of a good question, I think as a question it is ok (would you agree with the choice of question), a struggle will definitely be trying to create enough wording for the essay.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I think I will argue my question in the essay, like you correctly said we need content or the foundation of a website is not present and it is nothing more than a attraction, so I can explain why we need the content and where websites are going based on this.

I for one believe websites are becoming more content based and more simple as users just want to get straight to the point.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    If you're going to pick a topic that you can argue, and one that would stir up a lot of debate, don't focus on the design but rather the marketing. Focus on things like the scams, the cheap SEO tactics, the things people do that actually work and why they work, and that sort of thing.

You could get to 2000 words without even batting an eyelash just by going to Digital Point forums and commenting on all the bad advice.
    AlphaMare and Callum France like this.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    31 times
    Hi Callum France, your essay assignment got my attention as I am in college as well for web design. I'm not so sure about the relation between interactive and dynamic websites in this case, but if you still want to run with this idea then I might be able to help you out. When I hear the phrase "interactive website" I think of sites that are Flash based with tons of animations, audio and video, and games. Although I am a confirmed lover for Flash content, no particular reason either, I have found that a lot of these websites are lacking in the content department. Some people agree with me, others don't, and even some scorn me for my liking of Flash. With that said, I've never found an interactive website that was more concentrated on the content and less on the bells and whistles. You may be able to turn your argument into something here. Let us know how it turns out. I'd be more than interested to hear the thoughts from someone in the same general community of web design.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Yh it is defitnitly a tricky task , but so far I think im doing ok on it, just posted a poll for my research, and i agree with you chris, I have seen some prerrt bad websites which have abused flash and just ruined the site, however I also think if used in small ammounts and to have a purpose on the site it can be great.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Well this is my essay so far, sorry for any gramma or punctuation problems, feel free to give it a read and hopefully it will be a interesting read, it is not finished yet and not final but please give it a read and let me know your oppinion if it is decent.

Member #
    Liked
    31 times
    Your effort into this is more than apparent and my applause goes to you. The only thing I would suggest at this stage is to proofread your work. I found a few misspellings and being in college myself, I know that some professors are more interested in proper grammar more than they are substantive content. Also, I see you went into dynamic websites, but didn't really define what they are. So here's my contribution.

Dynamic Website:

Dynamic pages are the pages that change dynamically. Dynamic pages can change every time when they are loaded without making any changes. Dynamic web pages can also change their content based on what user do, like clicking on some text or an image. If the information stored in the database changes, the web page connected to the database change accordingly and automatically without human intervention. Dynamic sites are great for image galleries, online calendars or e-commerce etc.

http://www.roseindia.net/services/we...websites.shtml

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Yes, my spelling and grammar is not so great, I am currently checking it now, Appreciate the reply you have done chris, I will definitely put this in but re word it for my own needs.

Cheers callum.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads