Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    So, I've been designing web sites for 3 years and I'm 16 now..that's something I'm good at but, there is a problem, I don't have any projects, I don't know what to do, and I also can't find some cool blog where I can post articles etc.. I would start my own blog, but I have no profits probably because nobody wants to hire me..
    Do you guys have some advices for me that will make web designing for me interesting again?
    Owner of Visual Studio

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I don't have credit card so it is impossible for me to earn money via internet..
    Owner of Visual Studio

Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Create templates, good ones, and go to envato marketplace (envato.com). (Owners of Tuts+, and the other + networks.) And sell the templates. They go for reasonable prices, if its a okay one, maybe 6$ (they set the price for it) And you get 3 buyers a month, and you can buy web hosting space and a domain name. Its too easy. Also google around for P2H sites, this is Post2Host sites, that are a forum that you post on, and get web hosting. You get a subdomain, but for 10$ you can get your own, tomorrow is a deal where you can get one for 30% off on godaddy.com. You will get recognition and money to host your own stuff. Write some well written articles about how to do stuff, or maybe create a few tutorials and you can sell them on there too. It has a few sections where you can sell things in, and try and create some money off it. If you write well enough, you can try and become a guest writer for Tuts+ and I know they give you hosting packages with MediaTemple (a very good host). And other stuff including money.

There is plenty of things that you can do, I am not saying anything of your skill level how ever high or low it maybe, but if it is good and you know what you're doing, this type of work is amazing, they also have a freelance website from envato called freelancer, and you can find jobs on there. Sorry if this is out of your skill set or skill level, but work towards that.

Best of luck bro.

Sorry just read your post, go to local stores, and bring your laptop and show them what you can do, look at there current website, and make a better one. See if they really like it, if so, sell it to them. Or have a local portfolio site, that you can show to stores, and get work. Finish the work in a timely and professional manner, thus creating a name for yourself, you will find others coming to hire you. Tell your parents what you are doing and keep them informed of what you do. Show them what you are making, because in the end if you inform them that you aren't sitting around do nothing, but instead want to work for your money they will help you. And maybe can setup a joint bank account, also Paypal allows you to create an account and get money onto it, you wont need to transfer more then 50-60$ a month for web hosting/domain/anything else you need. So a simple account with no bank account isn't a problem. This will allow you to receive payment, and allow you to buy things.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    www.odesk.com <-- don't need a credit card. Just a PayPal account. And if you have a bank account, you can deposit to it from PayPal (I think they do US deposits as well).

No affiliate links. No BS. No "Dear sir, here's a spammy piece of crap, the end." You're welcome.
    mafiya and Overlord like this.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    You love odesk don't you? Just kidding, I've never used it, but both are good to try, http://envato.com isn't a one stop source, and I don't think you can only sell your trinkets on there. So you could look around at others, though envato is highly rated, and doesn't screw you over.

TheGAME, I will have to look at odesk, as I've been slightly bored and have just been pushing out random web pages trying new things (my Sites folder has tripled in a week).

And by only sell your trinkets on there, i mean you can sell your templates, images, logos, video templates, tutorials in other places (I'd have to look back into it though, i'm not sure if it was this site or another one that said you could sell in other places and didn't strictly have to sell with them). Good luck.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Yeah, I'm a fan. There are aspects of it I don't like (not the least of which is that they go down for maintenance a little too often), but overall, it's a good way to get clients IF you know what you're doing.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    That is why I would suggest going through Envato for him, at a younger age dealing with people a lot older can be hard, and a daunting task. So I would suggest for him to make templates and sell them on Envato Marketplace, as they not only do templates but, scripts, tutorials, logos, and many other things. And can be sold for 5-40$, and you make 75% of it. So if he wants hosting and to make some quick cash, its very do able.

Remove Ads