Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    My only question is that at the bottom of the page it shows

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    whoops ... under developer and charity you can use a slide to decide how much money you contribute goes to what
    so im giving 20$
    10 goes to charity
    10 developer
    but 5 for specifics and the other 5 for a different specific.
    Does anyone know how this is done

http://www.humblebundle.com/

Member #
    Liked
    416 times
    Unless it's a plug-in, that would require quite a bit of jQuery and JavaScript.
    My freelancer website: DolidzeDesign

You only need a parachute if you plan on skydiving twice.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by George Dolidze, post: 225576
    Unless it's a plug-in, that would require quite a bit of jQuery and JavaScript.
    oh. Do you think it would be hard for someone who knows very little like to to create function such as that. In other words, could I google search, forum and youtube enough to create it myself of would I just be making things worse?
    Also, I love you site frixel.co.uk
    I notice you use a lot of JS.
    That is really cool how it appears to roll when moving from portfolio to about us.
    Is that JS?
    BTW.
    I lived in OC for the majority of my life and my dad has lived in laguna beach for 30 years. I miss the OC. Im in Temecula now
    m3n0tu18 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    416 times
    Quote Originally Posted by EdMarks, post: 225579
    oh. Do you think it would be hard for someone who knows very little like to to create function such as that. In other words, could I google search, forum and youtube enough to create it myself of would I just be making things worse?
    Also, I love you site frixel.co.uk
    I notice you use a lot of JS.
    That is really cool how it appears to roll when moving from portfolio to about us.
    Is that JS?
    BTW.
    I lived in OC for the majority of my life and my dad has lived in laguna beach for 30 years. I miss the OC. Im in Temecula now
    That's very cool! Nice to meet you I'm competing in Laguna sometime this month. How is Temecula in comparison?

I do not think you can build the slider if you know very little. You'd have to find code for the slider, then make three of them, then use javascript to interact between the three. I'm saying this, because I know a little jQuery, and it's quite out of my reach.

Thanks! I'm glad you like frixel. It was made mainly by Marc(the guy I work for), who is also a member on these forums. We did use quite a bit of JS (jQuery, to be more specific). Most of the code is simple, but very tricky to implement.

If you would like to get started learning jQuery, here's a very good video tutorial series.
    m3n0tu18 likes this.
    My freelancer website: DolidzeDesign

You only need a parachute if you plan on skydiving twice.

Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Pshh jQuery being hard to implement

Also here is a slider from jQuery UI a premade library for jQuery UI tools.

http://jqueryui.com/demos/slider/

Also I'm sure if you have 3 of them, with X amounts stored in an array, have jQuery read the values that are currently set from the array, add them up say the total amount, process the amount. I'm not sure how you would go about doing this with 3 different transactions though. That part is out of my knowledge at this time as I've never had to do it.

Best of luck.

Remove Ads