Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi,

I have been provided with the following price for a web development company to develop my website using magento community and wanted to know if it is a fair price they are quoting me.

Am I being charged for anything I should not be charged for?

Are the prices reasonable?

Am I being over charged on everything or somethings?

Note, the prices for the Add Ons include the cost of the Add on + the cost to integrate and set the add on up in the website.

The quote does fit within our budget, but I want to make sure that I am not being ripped off.

• Design & Build - 1,040.00

• CSS / HTML - 1,668.75

• Magento Integration - 2,080.00

Total Design & Build Costs = 4,788.75

Add Ons (prices includes the cost of the Add On + the cost to add it to the site and set it up.)

• Themed email templates - 200.00

• Product Labels - 130.00

• Custom Advanced WP Blog - 850.00

• In store video on product page - 65.00

• Sales reporting - 65.00

• Reward points - 260.00

• Ultimate SEO (Canonical Links) - 130.00

• Featured Products - 260.00

• Product Notification - 130.00

• Category Image Rollover - 130.00

• Who bought this also bought - 130.00

• FAQ - 260.00

• One Step Checkout - 260.00

• Mobile version - 825.00

• Multi Currency - 380.00

• Gift Certificates - 225.00

• Checkout Promo - 420.00

• Follow up email - 550.00

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thank you

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    You probably are getting overcharged on some things. That's the nature of dealing with a company. On the surface, it looks fairly steep, especially CSS + HTML. With Magento, you usually only have to create the one page and then adjust as needed.

But on the other hand, you're dealing with a Magento cart. Magento carts are an absolute bugger to integrate in even their most basic form. Putting in a layout is a headache, making sure all the pages work is a headache, dealing with their flaky Zend framework is a headache. Done it once, and you couldn't pay me enough to go through that again.

Not sure about the cost of the plugins. I never really got into those.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    I would say they're ripping you off a bit, firstly arnt CSS + HTML, design and build and magento integration basically the same things? Also some of the plugins that youve listed you can do nativly in Magento but the prices dont seem too bad for them as integrating those can be a pain in the neck and then getting them to all work together.

If it was me Id of probably charged you a grand plus the add on fees, have done several basic magento themed installs for just over a grand and as long as they are willing to stick to the way Magento wants to do certain things then these have come in well in budget.

Remove Ads