Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I have a .com website and I was wondering if it appears in the same position in all countries. According to Google webmasters some of my keywords place a few pages in the top 10 on google listings. I have checked it and they are placed where Google webmaster shows. I am from Ireland, which is where the site was first launched, but am in Australia now and I asked someone back in Ireland to check to find the page on Google. I found it on the first page of results but they couldn't find it after four pages. How do you make the page rank the same all over the world? Do I need to create a domain in multiple countries? Thanks for your help.
    Im pretty new to web design but I am learning fast. I will help if I can.
    Check out my sites http://www.mediareviewzone.com http://www.iamrobsmith.com

Member #
    Liked
    717 times
    Google has a mysterious and complicated algorithm for rankings.
    I'm sure it's different all around the world. Most likely because of
    server locations. Google has servers all over the place.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    No, it generally won't.

I haven't got a clue why Google publishes rankings as part of their webmaster tools as anything besides than a red herring. When IP geolocation, personalization, several data centers, test beds, and other factors are taken into account, there's simply no way to realistically determine a ranking.

Chances are that you're a victim of personalization. Happens to me quite a bit, except in my particular case it can be really annoying. I'll try to find information to put on one of my sites, and one of the first results is the site I'm trying to find the information for in the first place.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Remove Ads