Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Hello everyone , I need a huge favor from someone here.
    I need help making a website , its for my final for my website designing class.
    Im suppose to make a site , a pretty simple one. Basically a site promoting a pre-school , with 5 different sitemaps linking to 5 different contents , a back-ground image and some other minor things.
    Anyone that can help me with this is greatly appreciated , and not to provoke anyone to help me but I will donate to the site via paypal , this is a huge thing for me , and need all the help I can get.

Even if somone can just send me the code to a site with 5 sitemaps ( 5 different links on the top of the screen ) but with empty content on eachone , It will still help me a lot.

Member #
    this also has to be done using the table format , if anyone is willing to do this HUGE favor for me , ill send them the details , I will do my part as much as possible.

Member #
    Liked
    717 times
    I have a few small question.

So you've taken a web design class, and they've given you a final assignment.

1)Why would you need help with something as basic as that?

2)Did they do that bad of a job at teaching?

3)And did they really teach the use of <table> for layout?

4) And out of curiosity, how much did you pay for that class?

I'm totally dismayed at what you're asking. I'm not trying to be a jerk, or offend you,
    but what you're asking for is really simple, and that should have been covered completely.
    I think the problem points to the instructor, not you.

Find a free HTML/CSS template using Google. That's a website already done, but without content.
    AlphaMare likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    it's for your final ?

Did they not teach you by building something as you go along through the class ?

I agree with mlseim, I think your instructor needs to buy a new book, then come here and let us give him a teaching plan...

Seriously, I just helped a person who was taking a basic HTML course as a requirement for their MBA, and they had already done more than what you are asking, and they were in Week 2. I was actually slightly impressed that they were teaching them about doc types, content types and using CSS for basic styling... No Tables Allowed...

Member #
    Specifications
    At a minimum, your Web site must follow the guidelines and include the specific requirements described below.
    1) The code of all pages must validate. Please validate your code.

2) All pages must share a common color scheme, consistent design elements, and text navigation links to each page of the site.

3) All images must contain dimension attributes and alt attributes, all tables must contain a summary attribute, and all frames must contain a title attribute.

4) It is suggested that you use a sans-serif font, such as Arial or Verdana unless use of a serif font is important to the theme of your site.

5) The page should be designed for 1024 x 768 px resolution (Do not forget to consider scrollbars and margins). No horizontal scrollbar should display. Test your site at the proper resolution.

6) The site should demonstrate principles of good design, usability, and accessibility as discussed in Chapter 5.
    A) These includes:
    1. Use of negative space (white space).
    2. Chunkiness: The breaking up of content into small chunks, rather than using large masses of text, etc.
    3. Use of separator lines (vertical and horizontal) to break content into readable sections.
    4. Use of headers or section titles to identify sections.
    5. Use of unordered or ordered lists.
    6. Repetition of visual elements.
    7. Small file sizes to facilitate fast download of content. (As a general guide for this project, the maximum size for any one page should not exceed 85KB).
    8. Short pages (no longer than 2.5 screenfulls).
    9. Logical navigation that is easy to use.
    10. In addition to primary navigation, secondary text navigation should appear at the bottom of every page.
    11. Pages from any external web sites to which your site links should open in a new browser window.

7) Tables: The site must use tables for page layout (borders will generally be turned off, but not necessarily). Decide on an ice, jello, or liquid design.

8) Image Map: The site must contain at least one image map with a minimum of four hotspots linking to either internal or external pages. (You may also use an image map for your primary navigation.)
    A) All hotspots must contain the alt attribute.
    B) Image maps, except those used for primary navigation, must include instructions for the user.
    C) Make sure that you include equivalent text navigation for any navigation created with images.
    Products (or Services) Page: The site must contain a Products or Services page containing the elements below.

9) Products (or Services) Page: The site must contain a Products or Services page containing the elements below.
    A) A table consisting of rows and columns sufficient to display at least six product thumbnail images, the catalog number of each product or service represented, and the price of each product or service represented. Prices should be aligned to the right.
    1. When clicked, Product thumbnail images must link to larger versions of the same images.
    B) Headers can be arranged horizontally or vertically.
    C) You may choose whatever table properties desired (i.e., borders, colors, backgrounds, etc.)
    D) A link must appear at the bottom of the page, which takes the user back to the top of the page when clicked.

10) Form: The site must contain a comprehensive form page arranged in a table that demonstrates use of at least one instance of each of the five different types of form fields, as well as submit and reset buttons.
    A) The form page must open in a NEW BROWSER WINDOW.
    B) Use labels for all fields so that a user can enter the field by clicking on the label.
    C) Use the POST method and send the form results to a functional CGI script (You may use the script provided by the author of the textbook).
    D) You may also include any additional imagery desired on this page.
    E) As with the other content pages, do not forget to include navigation on the form page.

11) Inline Graphics: In addition to thumbnail images, the site must contain at least six examples of inline graphics (including a logo), consisting of decorative images and/or images related to the content of your site. These images must be placed within the flow of the text content and employ proper alignment, as well as padding.
    A) All images must contain width, height, and alt attributes.
    B) Do not rescale images using the width and height attributes.

12) Text Content: Pages must contain substantial textual content. Simply fabricate text content relevant to your topic (content does not have to be accurate) and arrange the text using the guidelines discussed in Chapter 5.
    A) Text content must adhere to best practice design standards as covered in chapter 5, including chunkiness, use of negative space, use of headers, proper font size, color, contrast, and text flow.
    1. Examples of HTML text could include content that describes your hypothetical organization, its history, and what it is that you offer.
    B) Check spelling of text content.

13) CSS: All text formatting and background colors should be accomplished with CSS. Deprecated tags, such as the FONT tag, should NOT be used at all, but other XHTML tags may be redefined by styles.
    A) The site should employ an external style sheet and, only if necessary, embedded styles.
    Those are the rules , if anyone can help me with this ill forever be in your debt , yeah its for my final thats due Thursdays

Member #
    Liked
    717 times
    I thought I would be clever and point you to a pre-made plain site using tables.
    wow ... I can't even find them anymore. And image maps? That will be deprecated soon.

I found one!
    http://www.ironspider.ca/webdesign10...es4layout2.htm

Click on one of the examples and download their source.
    That will at least get you started. You'll need to probably
    adjust the very top of the HMTL, proper doctype, so it validates.

I think it would be funny to create and design your page where the
    entire contents, links, and graphics explain how to make a site
    using HTML5. Ironically, your site would be done entirely by the rules.
    It would make your teacher take pause ... hopefully making your teacher embarrassed.
    One of the links could be to an external page that describes how to
    get your money back on a class that teaches a technology, where the
    class cirriculum is no longer current.

I wish I had time to do it .. I would have had you turn mine in the same
    time as yours. But I don't have the time now (not by Thursday).
    I'm mad that you didn't come to us earlier with this. It would have been a blast!

Note: I think you should get money back on that class.
    You might want to talk to someone in admissions about this ... seriously.
    AlphaMare and Robert626 like this.

Member #
    ^ I wish I did come in here earlier to =/
    Im sorry , but when it comes to this im a really big "noob" as you can imagine , my teacher hasnt taught me anything usefull...
    How exactly do I download the source from the site you sent me? If it is what I think it is , its going to help me a lot. Cause one of the problems I have is starting this assignment , im sure if I have the main coding in place , I can fill up the gaps

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    Does no-one feel that asking for this much help in creating and coding a final assignment, that will presumably be marked and the mark folded in to the final result mark for the class, skates awfully close if not over the line where "help" becomes "cheating"?

I feel sorry for you that the class seems to have been such a dud, and doubly so because even if you had learned anything, it would already be well out-of-date. But I have a real problem with anyone taking credit for work not their own.

When I use WordPress or some other framework or template as a basis for a design, I clearly state that fact. Are you planning on letting your teacher know that they did such a dismal job of teaching you outdated technologies that you had to go and get help from a forum full of (at least a dozen that I know of) professional web designers?

And while the teacher may not be entirely at fault here - the curriculum is often dictated by a governing body that hasn't got a clue - but the teacher should certainly have told whoever was in charge that it was a load of rubbish that they were being asked to teach.

You're in a real pickle, and I do feel for you. While I won't do the work for you, I offer the following tools: I looked at the link mlsiem posted and cannot find anything downloadable on it - it's a blog, so the content may have updated since he took the URL. Try this one instead http://www.ironspider.ca/webdesign10...es4layout2.htm or this one http://coding.smashingmagazine.com/2...table-designs/ and see if you can get something useful from them.

Also for imagemaps, there are a few online imagemap creators:
    http://www.image-maps.com/
    http://www.mobilefish.com/services/i.../image_map.php
    and this is perhaps the easiest -
    http://www.maschek.hu/imagemap/imgmap
    Robert626 and mlseim like this.
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    You helped me a lot with those links , and yes I understanding where your coming from.
    With the amount of help im asking for , its like asking someone to do my final for me , which I know isn't fair. Hopefully with the info you gave me I can start working on it and start making progress , and come here with small problems and not big ones like I have now , Thank you

Member #
    Liked
    717 times
    I don't know what that link is that I gave ... I must have copied the wrong URL?
    For some reason, that's the wrong link .. sorry. [edited in the previous post - mlseim]

I found it again ... they have a couple of examples to download ...
    Try this one:
    http://www.ironspider.ca/webdesign10...es4layout2.htm

Display the various examples, and click "view", "source" .. or "html source" with your browser.
    Copy the HTML and use as a <table> layout template.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads