Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    So, is there any web design & development company hiring or looking for freelance web designers? I don't have enough experience to start and run my own company...if anyone is interested in hiring me or just putting me in their team, contact me
    Owner of Visual Studio

Member #
    Liked
    959 times
    I know they probably don't have Craigslist where you are, but if they have something similar, you may find a firm nearby that is hiring. Around here, that's where a lot of them post up openings.
    Ron Roe
    Web Developer
    "If every app were designed using the same design template, oh wait...Bootstrap."

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Three words for you.

1) oDesk.
    2) oDesk.
    3) oDesk.

If you have half a clue, picking up the work that you want from that site should be about as difficult as changing your underwear.
    MYIWDesigns likes this.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I know for odesk but its hard for me to find work there...
    I was looking for some team that does some projects etc
    Owner of Visual Studio

Member #
    Liked
    92 times
    I get it, It's a good idea to find a small team that will help you improve your design and development skills. I'm going to be putting together a few open source projects so you may be able to help on those if you're interested - it won't be for a little while though (a few weeks) until I have developed the back-end further. But stuff like that is always good on a resume, and in a portfolio (if it's pretty enough).

As for finding paid work, maybe some team would let you help out and pay you for it. But to get that you'd probably need to have some stuff to show off!
    Mark Gannaway Software Developer

Recent Experiments
    - Backpropogation Neural Network language solving (http://ann.ganners.co.uk/)
    - Animated image to ASCII (http://google.ganners.co.uk/)
    - 3D Paper Characters (http://cybergame.ganners.co.uk/)
    - Anagram solving (http://roflol.co.uk/)

Member #
    Liked
    72 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Overlord, post: 226535
    Yup oDesk is the one!

Got me two gigs, one for $1,000 and another for $1,500

Just have to fine and get the right one. Would be beneficial if you had a strong portfolio though.
    But be warn though odesk fees are ridiculous, they take 10% of your earnings

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Overlord, post: 226535
    Then you're either doing it wrong or you're hamstrung by your geographic location. The teams/projects are there. Heck, there are contractors on oDesk that build oDesk teams and put people on them. And there are some good jobs on there (I'm just taking a break from one right now.)

I don't personally have a problem with the oDesk fees. I look at it like this...if I'm part of an agency and I charge say $10 an hour (that's not what I charge, but it makes the math easier to understand), an agency will turn around and charge $30 an hour to its customers. On the other hand, oDesk charges $11 and makes $1. I also figure that, as long as I get the hourly rate I want and I know I'm going to get paid as long as I'm not screwing the pooch, I don't really care if someone puts a fee on top (other than my client pays an extra 10%, but they know the drill going in.)

But yeah, like MYIW said, portfolio is part of the equation. Good test scores are also part of it. Just generally having a clue is also a part of it. I've actually had the unique experience of both being hired and hiring on oDesk, and I can tell you first hand that 75% of people can't follow a simple instruction and, of the ones that can, 80% of them don't merit consideration because either their rate is too high, they send an obvious form letter, or they just generally don't get it.
    MYIWDesigns likes this.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganners, post: 226543
    I get it, It's a good idea to find a small team that will help you improve your design and development skills. I'm going to be putting together a few open source projects so you may be able to help on those if you're interested - it won't be for a little while though (a few weeks) until I have developed the back-end further. But stuff like that is always good on a resume, and in a portfolio (if it's pretty enough).

As for finding paid work, maybe some team would let you help out and pay you for it. But to get that you'd probably need to have some stuff to show off!
    That's exactly what I'm talking about .
    Owner of Visual Studio

Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Overlord, if you're good with contract work I'm looking for people right now. Potential for full time in a month or two if you work out. Message me your portfolio/resume. That goes for anyone here really.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    * cough * marketplace * cough *

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads