Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    See this page for a rough draft:
    http://www.techsuitesolutions.com/dev/

This customer is a contractor whose homepage originally consisted of the house image shown on this page with his name and a brief nav bar below it, all in blue shades. He recently started offering the service of seismic retrofitting and wants to show both retrofitting and remodeling on his homepage, using the faultline logo for the retrofitting part and definitely making the user notice the faultline part first.

The problem is trying to give it a cohesive look and feel because of the contrast between the logos. I moved the nav bar to the top and made the links red but it needs more than that to make the two fit together. (I also intended the left column to reach down to the footer and not stop at the end of the content but I didn't want to give it a fixed height so if the customer wanted to add his own content he didn't always have to put in a fixed amount. )

Any ideas would be appreciated to make this site look better and all the elements compliment each other instead of feeling disjointed. Thanks.

Member #
    Liked
    717 times
    I'm not a graphic artist ... I don't even own PhotoShop.
    How about combining the house with a seismic wave and
    make a good logo (not like mine). I just sort of made
    a concept that might allow you to combine it all.
    But have it done professionally.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mlseim, post: 227063
    I'm not a graphic artist ... I don't even own PhotoShop.
    How about combining the house with a seismic wave and
    make a good logo (not like mine). I just sort of made
    a concept that might allow you to combine it all.
    But have it done professionally.
    thats not half bad, btw!

Member #
    Liked
    717 times
    MS Paint :redface:

Can I go any lower?

Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mlseim, post: 227089
    MS Paint :redface:

Can I go any lower?
    lol dont think so but nonetheless good job

Member #
    Yup, that's what I'm trying to do, but his "already professionally designed faultline logo" is in red! - maybe I could find a professional who could use a gradient mask to transition the red seismic wave into blue and continue on like you suggest. Thanks for the idea!

Member #
    Liked
    717 times
    My point is to get him a decent logo, the house stuff, and the seismic waves all in one banner.

And, is he sure about the "inc."? Incorporation is a big deal ... maybe he means LLC?
    That red thing is a professional logo? hmmm.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    You can add a background image to your wrapper that has the white part on the left and the blue part on the right and repeat it on the y-axis. That way, it will look like the sidebar goes at the way without giving it a fixed height.
    The red navigation is a hard one to pull off. Bright red color always look blurry or glowing somehow. I would try to incorporate the red in other ways then text, maybe a decorative line on the navigation bar?
    I love that image with the house, it's very cool. But I see your problem about making it look good together.
    Maybe you could make a banner that is kind of like a grid style/ checkerboard design?
    I have attached a layout I made for somebody. This is kind of the idea of what I'm talking about just in the banner only instead of the whole site. Use the different cells to include some of the logo elements and colors.

Hope that helps.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Remove Ads