Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: SEO conundrum

Member #
    Liked
    76 times
    What is it about SEO that has everyone in an uproar?

A few years back I recalled chatting with this SEO expert that just seemed flat out bitter and very negative. I figured that she was mean due to her age and religion. A week ago, I read a post by Alex Mason of FDC Studio that is also an SEO expert. He took shots at web designers and developers alike, called us incompetent and some more sh*t. He is definitely not a happy camper. I also came across this other post that completely discredits the SEO profession. What I would love to know after all the smoke clears out is this; why is it the SEO experts have very poor or average page rankings? Why do many of them despise designers? And, outside of the very obvious regarding SEO, can an expert really make that magic happen (without the use of dirty tricks) or is it luck?

On the flip side of that coin, I have come across designers/ developers that rarely discuss SEO, but some how manage to have a much higher page ranking than many of these experts. With that in mind, are these so call experts poor SEO practitioners, or is it all mirrors and smoke screens?
    I have gotten into the habit of not judging other designers/developers work, but this is my Microsoft Meandering time so I'm MEANDERING...

Oh, almost forgot: spammers are gender-less parasites...

Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Any SEO "expert" that can't find a way to get a decent ranking is one of two things:

1. Totally incompetent (which is the majority).
    2. In an EXTREMELY competitive market. (ie: General Retail Stores)

We have an SEO guy who is AMAZINGGGGGGGGG. He's taught me so much as a designer/developer that I never knew and probably never would've known if I didn't start working with him. Tiny nuances in code structure make a HUGE difference from an organic ranking point of view. I don't know if he's gifted or lucky...but he's sure as hell consistent.

Member #
    Liked
    76 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MHometchko, post: 227013
    Tiny nuances in code structure make a HUGE difference
    I agree with that; I have always been aware of SEO, but in the very beginning I was completely engulfed with the design and development process that I usually overlooked some of the most basic and fundamental practices of SEO until someone corrected me. Not sure if it was the bitter old woman or some article I read, but I began to pay attention. In any event, I am aware, but still missing the formula to make that "magic" happen.
    I have gotten into the habit of not judging other designers/developers work, but this is my Microsoft Meandering time so I'm MEANDERING...

Oh, almost forgot: spammers are gender-less parasites...

Remove Ads