Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I'm working on a site that was built using Drupal 6. I need to add a line of text on every page. I also want it to be added automatically to any new page created. I researched and found that block are the way to go. So I went to admin->site building->blocks. I see there are some blocks enabled and some disabled. They all have set locations. I can't figure out how to add a new block. I want it to be right under the menu. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Click "add block" in the tabs at the top. In the last section, select "show on every page except..." and don't list any pages in the box below. Put the content in the body of the block, and give it a title, then save it. Then, in your block list, drag it into the region you want it to display in and click "Save". Done!

Member #
    Thanks, it turned out to be more complicated and had to contact original designer. Thanks for the advice!

Remove Ads