Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Was not sure where to post since it was not a site for review. Working on a new logo, and wanted some feedback. Decided to redesign after I finish learning enough PHP where I feel comfortable to post my website live. This is the overall feel I am looking for, and yes the logo is big, it is just for design purposes. Any feedback thanks guys, as I am no artist nor designer.

Edit: Edited quality for file size. :frantic:

Attached Images Attached Images

Member #
    Liked
    416 times
    Looks very good, love it. Couple of things though: All that unnecessary white space on top. Unless you'll need that for something, take it out. 'AGGRODESIGNS' is darker on the left than the right. keep the lighting consistent. This logo begs for a 3D effect. In any spot.
    My freelancer website: DolidzeDesign

You only need a parachute if you plan on skydiving twice.

Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Really the texture was just to duplicate the background, I kept the same color scheme, but went with some new fonts and effects.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    It's not bad at all for not being a graphic designer! A few rules of graphic design should be mentioned though:
    Here are my 2 cents:
    Contast: Even though I like what you did, consider that people that look at your logo on a website might have monitors that might be set to display darker then yours. Older people don't see diffrences in contrast that much and a lot of men actually are color blind on reds and greens. What I'm saying is that I would encrease the contrast of your logo, so it's more readable.

Alignment: The 3 words on the bottom are not aligned to anything. Try to adjust the letter spacing so they align to the corner on the left and right of your background letters.

Tracking: The spacing in between the individual letters could be adjusted a bit better: If yo lookat the spacing between the D and the E, it looks too wide. This is something that only a graphic designer would pay attention to though.

I have written a little blog post about logo design. You can see a few more tips on here. http://jewel-webdesign.com/logo-design/

Like I said, you did a good job. Only the contrast is the most urgent one in my opinion.

Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Wow, thanks for the feed back I will mess with some adjustments this evening and repost updated. I agree I did not mess with alignment, nor letter spacing at all, and is definitely something I will adjust. Post back in a few.

Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Touched up some colors and layers, also modified spacing of bottom font. No adjustment to main font though, let me know what you think. Also tried some contrast adjustments.

Attached Images Attached Images

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Much, much better. I guess, the real test now would be to print it out on a small scale like you would on a business card and see what you get. You might have to make a version without color and pattern for that, if you think you will need business cards at some point.

Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    I had to wipe all my drives clean, so I have been MIA. Thanks for the comments, I will play with it some more see how it works out when I get everything re-installed.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    looks well, Does what its supposed to do.

Remove Ads