Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    I have to build a website for a renewable energy company which would have a shop in one part of it and parts telling the public what we do and what products we offer,now i need to build one that will work seamlessly with mobiles and ipad devices,i am under the impression that html5 and css3 are the way to go or maybe i am wrong,as i said i am pretty new to this,what i want to know as i haven't really built a website before which program should i use to build it which can create a really professional website but easier to use than most

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    Hire a developer if you expect to have it done this year.

Not trying to be harsh, but the reality is... It would be cheaper to hire a designer that actually knows what he/she is doing, than buy the cs5 suite and spend months trying to figure everything out only to end up hiring someone anyway.

You're not just talking design stuff here, cs5 can create pretty websites ( if you know what you're doing ), but you're also talking about scripting stuff and database stuff. Pretty steep learning curve for someone with minimal knowledge and skills.

Member #
    is cs5 the way to go as some people keep telling me to use joomla whats the difference

Member #
    Liked
    717 times
    You HAVE TO build a site for them?
    I'm wondering now why they would require a beginner to build a site for them. Are they on crack?

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    Cs5 and joomla are 2 completely different things... And that's the thing.

Have you even looked up the cost of cs5 ? The suite ? Anything ? Or are we just in talking mode ?

Reason I ask, is that someone that actually knows what they speak of would never even suggest to you ( an obvious beginner ), to go buy adobe Cs5 , or mention using joomla... Those are buzzwords to those kind of people.

Both have a very steep learning curve to a complete novice and both are better handled with someone with at least basic knowledge and understanding.

You should spend a little more time investigating the basics, so unless you have a really high IQ, or you do multiple linear regression statistics just for fun, I stand by my first option mentioned above.

Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    I have a room temperature IQ and can write code in 20 languages

But seriously Webzarus is right. Do not try this at home.

Member #
    Liked
    137 times
    Agreed, hire a professional.
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    we do not have the money for to pay for someone to build it yet but will in the future and i have allready got cs5 downloaded on my mates pc,i was able to build the website we are using at the moment with flash and it only took 3 months but of course i need a site now that works on phones and other devices so what is the actual difference between joomla and cs5 or what other programs are out there and which would be easier to use and what code should i be making it in or if i used a website builder would i be able to edit later on as i learned more about code
    By the way how much would it cost to pay a designer to do this

Member #
    Liked
    717 times
    You need a site with a complete operating (back-end), with PHP and MySQL (database).
    Joomla uses PHP/MySQL. Joomla is a pre-canned CMS ... content management system,
    much like Drupal and WordPress. Joomla won't do anything for you in regards to creating
    your website. All of those CMS systems use Themes or Skins ... which you would customize.

I really think you're out of luck with this one.
    You not only need a designer, but a programmer (developer) as well, or in the least,
    you do the design and work with someone on the side. I would expect you pay $1000+

You may find a programmer outside the U.S. or U.K. that offers a cut-rate fee, but you'll get
    what you pay for. A business like the Renewable Energy Company needs to get some
    capital funding to get the website done. It's a business expense, and a tax write-off.
    If they don't have the money to do it, then they'll have to settle with a simple site without any
    programming (a static web site). You can do that with your web editor software.

Not much more to say.
    It's a ton of work (months of work), not anything we can help you with using this forum. Sorry.

Member #
    So joomla is the way to go but what do i use to create the website which is joomla friendly so i know what road i am going in for the meantime program wise,thanks for the reply i will be looking into some capital funding to pay a designer right away

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads