Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    I have a job offer, To help a local Off Road Shop with some website stuff.

I talked to him on the phone and we talked, and he is looking to keep kinda the same design of his website, and also add a shopping cart. He told me to take the weekend and write up a invoice and give him a hard price.

My game plan was take his current design and re design it to look like the current one but also update it and fix it up. Then just create the basic website.

For the shopping cart, I was thinking OpenCart and basically link it up.

Like make the shopping cart store.domain.com and link it to the baisc website

For a CMS I do not know what i should use, I'm new to php so i cant convert it to wordpress. So what other options do i have? His main goal is so he can be able to run the website and online store, and then later on down the road have be run it and do all the orders.

Is my game plan good to go?

As for price, How should i create a invoice and what should i be asking for in price?

Do i need any contracts i should write up?

there website is http://www.wix.com/rndmotorsports/rnd-motorsports
    "ON TIME, ON TARGET, NEVER QUIT"

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Amount of time you think it'll take you x price per hour you want to charge + about 20% for the stuff he forgot to tell you about his site that he wants done. That's your formula.

But you're not going to build it on wix.com, I'll tell you that right now. You're going to have to figure out how to rebuild this thing from the ground up.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Yes i am not building it on wix . im going to remake his design but stick to that kind of layout, since he likes the look of it. I will re design and build the site from the ground up. For the shopping cart is opencart a good choice?

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    I build 'em from scratch because I haven't found one yet that doesn't completely suck. So my personal answer would be "no". But my answer to you would be "if it'll do what you want it to do without potentially causing risk or damage to your client, go ahead and use it."
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    What is there down fall? I don't want to screw over the client with picking opencart. But i have no clue on how to make a shopping cart. Its not a big online store, maybe under 500 items i would guess.

Member #
    Liked
    959 times
    At risk of verbal thrashing by TheGAME, that layout would be exceedingly easy to convert for Wordpress. Given the original, one could recode without the craptastic tables in an afternoon. Here's an excellent tutorial on WP theme creation: http://webdesignerwall.com/tutorials...ordpress-theme

Check out this video for more help: http://css-tricks.com/video-screenca...ordpress-loop/
    Ron Roe
    Web Developer
    "If every app were designed using the same design template, oh wait...Bootstrap."

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Sounds good, I will create his website to work with wordpress. Should i follow that guide even if i only plan on doing static pages?

Member #
    Liked
    959 times
    If you're going to only do static pages, don't bother with WP.
    Ron Roe
    Web Developer
    "If every app were designed using the same design template, oh wait...Bootstrap."

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Yeah, What CMS should i use so the client can easily update content on the site?

Member #
    Liked
    959 times
    I'm confused. Do you want static pages, or something the client can edit? There is a little bit of in between, but not a whole lot.
    Ron Roe
    Web Developer

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads