Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Hi,

I have an idea for a feature I would like to put on a website page but I'm not sure what it's written in. I'm guessing Flash but I'm not sure.

I'd like to add a small door/icon that you click on. The door opens and you are directed to another page. It could also have an arrow pointing to it that moves back and forth pointing toward the picture to click on or simply an arrow on the door itself? Is this making sense? Also, is this hard to do? I've seen something similar on other sites. I just don't know how to action my idea.

Thanks for your help with this!

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    BTW, I'm not looking for something to do this for me. I just want to know what type of program does this and I can figure it out from there, hopefully.

Member #
    Liked
    189 times
    I asked our flash guru and she said it can be done in flash, but there is a pre made script somewhere in the land of the internet that will do it for you and she had used it before but doesn't remember where she found it. Maybe start with Dynamic Drive if no one else can help you.
    Alanna Baxter likes this.
    Bleau
    "Give the gift of life, Adopt a child, And an Animal"

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Thanks, Bleau canon. I have checked out the pre-made ones and I think they will do the job. They are animated gifs. I wanted to know how to do this because I want a very specific color for the door. I'll keep checking and see if I can figure out how to change the color of the door.

Thanks again.

P.S. I just checked out Dynamic Drive and it looks like a great place to get lots of stuff including what I'm looking for! Thanks a mil!

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanna Baxter, post: 229366
    Thanks, Bleau canon. I have checked out the pre-made ones and I think they will do the job. They are animated gifs. I wanted to know how to do this because I want a very specific color for the door. I'll keep checking and see if I can figure out how to change the color of the door.

Thanks again.

P.S. I just checked out Dynamic Drive and it looks like a great place to get lots of stuff including what I'm looking for! Thanks a mil!
    If another member has helped you, why not click on the "Like" link at the bottom right of their post? It's a great way to thank someone.
    Alanna Baxter likes this.
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Thanks for the reminder, Alphamare! I always appreciate all the good help here!

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanna Baxter, post: 229549
    Thanks for the reminder, Alphamare! I always appreciate all the good help here!
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Remove Ads