Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    THANK YOU

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    My first question would be, why cut down on pages ? Are they just pages with images, videos attached and no content. My typical goal is to increase page count if the content will support it.

There is no set guide to pricing a job like this. One would be your location as what your local competition would charge could be a factor. Another thing to consider is what are you actually going to do ? Cut & paste , link and publish ? Or create a system that uses the same template file for the site so all pages are updated across the site when changes are made ? Or put the content into a DB and call it into the pages ?

Web design and how you price the job is much more than copy/paste.

As for training someone, I do that quite often for clients and always price that seperately on a per hour basis. What you can charge for this ?? Since it appears you're kinda new to this, charge what you thin you could get. But I guess you need to research your local competition for that one.

Sorry if my answers are not what you're looking for or expecting, but the question is actually loaded. What I can charge for the same thing ( and actually get paid ), is a lot different than what you could ask for. Depending on your experience, and what you can do for the client, and how fast you can do it.

I know guys starting out quoting similar jobs at $20.00 an hour, and underestimate the hours because they ways run into things they have no clue to deal with. Then they usually lose the contract because they couldn't do the job based on their estimates.

Do your client a favor, if this is something you're new to... Find a couple of local shops to quote it out, and have then explain the quotes to you and what they are going to do for it. That's going to be your best bet of getting an idea.

Remove Ads