Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hello!

I have the following two HTML forms on my website, which I am trying to align.

Can you please advice: is this a good alignment/placement of the fields or anything better can be reached?

http://nozreg.leadhoster.com/form1.html

http://nozreg.leadhoster.com/form2.html

(these forms are used to create collages of images)
    Thanks in advance...

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    They look fine to me , what's your issue with them ?

Member #
    Thanks for your response!

Well, I read different articles about web form alignment and in all of them it is written that element alignment is crucial.

In my forms the elements are so different and they do not align.
    So they don't go neatly as two distinctive columns like in all good design examples.

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    Ok, so let me ask specifically ...

What are you trying to align with what ? The forms have many elements ( varying sizes and shapes ), perhaps make a screenshot , draw some lines as to what you are trying to align, and post it here.

especially since what I see on my iPhone may be different than what you are seeing, so the alignment issue ( real or perceived ), is hard to diagnose with generic statements.

Details will help define what you think the issue is, and a pictue is worth more than a thousand words in this case.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I think Webzarus has the right approach here, but just wanted to weigh in with a useful approach I've found in handling forms for aligning things:

I just create a label column and a column for the form elements, then pad them so they're nicely separated. So you add something like this to your style sheet:
    label {
    float: left;
    text-align: right;
    margin-right: 15px;
    width: 150px;
    }

textarea, input, label {
    padding: 2px;
    margin: 5px;
    }

And write your html form something like this:
    <form>
    <div>
    <label>First Name</label><input id='...'><br />
    </div>
    </form>

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    Yeah I do that to on a simple form where the labels are all pretty much the same...

But the links the op listed are not simple forms... If you applied that layout to his form ....

As stated above, not really seeing an issue with the forms listed ( in the context of what to forms currently look like ).

I think ( I may be wrong ), just a case of trying to over think " what someone else said ", and they were actually referring to a simple form as well... But the OP''s form that they linked to we're anything but simple.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Webzarus, post: 230081
    Yeah I do that to on a simple form where the labels are all pretty much the same...

But the links the op listed are not simple forms... If you applied that layout to his form ....

As stated above, not really seeing an issue with the forms listed ( in the context of what to forms currently look like ).

I think ( I may be wrong ), just a case of trying to over think " what someone else said ", and they were actually referring to a simple form as well... But the OP''s form that they linked to we're anything but simple.
    I agree - I thought the forms as listed looked fine. Forms don't always have to line up and if they're complicated, like these two, forcing them to line up will actually make them less useable IMHO

Remove Ads